Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Top 10

Featured Replies

Yes but Brossart a top 5 team? Really?

  • Replies 98
  • Views 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes but Brossart a top 5 team? Really?

 

Brossart is going to be a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for. They could be the biggest surprise in NKY.

Brossart is going to be a lot better than a lot of people give them credit for. They could be the biggest surprise in NKY.

 

Doubtful.

Doubtful.

 

How do you figure? They were good last year and they only lost 3 starters. Do you really no anything about them or are you just trying to stir things up? i would suggest not commenting on them if you dont know anything about them.

How do you figure? They were good last year and they only lost 3 starters. Do you really no anything about them or are you just trying to stir things up? i would suggest not commenting on them if you dont know anything about them.

 

Covington Catholic beat them pretty good last year and didn't impress me one bit. OYYT is a CovCath fan so that's where she gets her opinion from. Top 5 team is more than likely a fantasy for Brossart. There are plenty of teams that are far more talanted than them.

Beechwood will be more like 8 or 9. They have Smith pitching and Hyde hitting and the rest are all role players.

Smith is going to Murray State, am I correct? and I dont think Hyde will be much of a factor.

Does Brossart have a good pitching staff?

How do you figure? They were good last year and they only lost 3 starters. Do you really no anything about them or are you just trying to stir things up? i would suggest not commenting on them if you dont know anything about them.

 

 

With all due respect, I'll comment on whatever I choose, because I paid my twenty dollars to be here ya know? And I DO know about them. I watched a wholeeeeee lot of baseball last season and I will do so again this season. I am, as blue magic told you, a CovCath fan and follower. I saw them play other times as well. They will not surprise any. And they won't be top 5. If they are, I'll gladly admit I was wrong though alright? :)

Covington Catholic beat them pretty good last year and didn't impress me one bit. OYYT is a CovCath fan so that's where she gets her opinion from. Top 5 team is more than likely a fantasy for Brossart. There are plenty of teams that are far more talanted than them.

 

CovCath beat them 10-0 and were only up 2-0 going into the bottom of the 5th inning. Brossart then switched pitchers and ran out of gas. I know Brossart ceratinly impressed some CovCath fans because TheOldGuy said he impressed them.

 

By the way I did not mean to stir anything but for people to say that Brossart is not going to be competitive and going to make a challenge to every team in NKY is just wrong. They held their own last year against most teams and they return practically everything. I guess it's one man's opionion though. Like I said I dont mean to stur anything I just do not agree with that comment at all.

IMO BB wont surprise anyone because everyone knows they will have a good team. Top 5 might be pushing it.

CovCath beat them 10-0 and were only up 2-0 going into the bottom of the 5th inning. Brossart then switched pitchers and ran out of gas. I know Brossart ceratinly impressed some CovCath fans because TheOldGuy said he impressed them.

 

By the way I did not mean to stir anything but for people to say that Brossart is not going to be competitive and going to make a challenge to every team in NKY is just wrong. They held their own last year against most teams and they return practically everything. I guess it's one man's opionion though. Like I said I dont mean to stur anything I just do not agree with that comment at all.

 

He might have been impressed but I am not impressed by a 10-0 win what-so-ever. If they would have scored a run maybe I'd consider.

I think Highlands is definitely top 10. They have some great Young talent returning. Led by Liggett and Rizzo. Rizzo could be a good #3 or #4 pitcher if he gets a few lessons. His potential if very high, he is one of the most coachable kids I've seen. They are probably counting on Sanolia to be their #1 who will follow him?

 

Rizzo and Liggett both played in a fall program this offseason. Rizzo pitched a bit, as did Liggett. Maybe Jeremy has something up his sleeve. Both threw descent from what I saw.

He might have been impressed but I am not impressed by a 10-0 win what-so-ever. If they would have scored a run maybe I'd consider.

 

Everyone seems to forget this is the same Brossart team who beat Harrison County 9-4 and then beat Clark County two days later. If thats not impressive I'm not sure what is.

I hate to say it but CovCath should run away with the region this year. They graduated one pitcher in Niehaus and everyone else comes back. No one up here has the power at the plate or fielders to hang with them. I hope Im wrong though.:D Go Birds!:ylsuper:

All this talk about how good Scott and Campbell will be in the 37th but no one seems to mention anything about Bishop Brossart. Brossart returns everyone of their starters other than 3 guys. Their pitching will be just as good if not betetr than last year. They return their #2 guy from last year, which is Travis Norton. This kid was a freshmen last year and boy can he play. He started for the Mustangs all last season and can only get better. I cant wait to see how he progresses, he will be one of the top players in NKY by his Junior year. They also gain a pitcher who could not throw last year due to injury but from what his summer coach has said he is a very very good pitcher.

 

They also lose their 2nd baseman/shortstop and their right fielder so they do not lose hardly anything. Their offense will also be just as good and better. The one thing about Brossart that is consistent every year is they always put up a tough fight and this year will not be any different. I would have to say they are probably the favorite to win the 37th District this year. Scott has no pitching except for EJ Murray and he can't win every game for them and once you get passed him their is no one who can beat Brossart. I heard a rumor that Estes of Campbell hurt his arm in summer ball last year and wont be able to throw this season but like i said it could be just a rumor. If however that is the case the Camels are down to no pitching. Ben Franzen is not that good.

 

All im saying is that Brossart does not get anything close to the respect they should get. But then again they never do at the beginning of the season and by the end of the year everyone always says how tough of a team they are to beat. I wish people would just realize and understand that they are a very good baseball school and will be competitive every year. I would think after how Brossart performs each year that people would start talking about them and give them the respect they are due. They always have been and always will be a dangerous team.

 

Im calling it now the Brossart Mustangs WILL win the 37th district this year and will be top 5 in NKY!

 

Doesn't matter how many you return if none of them are any good :bunny:

 

Just pushin' your buttons :lol: not trying to start a BB CC fight. I know nothing about Brossart baseball, but Ben Franzen is pretty good. Not on a D1 level or anything but hes a good player.

 

Any team can be dangerous. IMO ANY team can beat ANY other team on a given night. just depends on who's on or off their game, so essentially every team is dangerous.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.