Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Elliott County is averaging 106 PPG

Featured Replies

Through 5 games the Lions are averaging over 100 pts a game. I cant remember any team with this much offensive firepower.

 

CAn anyone remember a team that averaged anything close to this in year's past?

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You would have to go back SEVERAL years to find one.

I can't remember any in the 61st that ever did.

Through 5 games the Lions are averaging over 100 pts a game. I cant remember any team with this much offensive firepower.

 

CAn anyone remember a team that averaged anything close to this in year's past?

 

According to the KHSAA website, it hasn't happnened as long as they've been keeping records. Onieda Baptist in 1983 averaged 95.5/game. BTW, the 49 point 1st quarter was the second largest in state history behind Jackson City's 51 point effort against MMI in 1992.

Just a thought but wonder about the West Carter teams of 94 thru 96 with Jeremy Webb and Shay Berry? Or the Ashland teams during that time? Cause I know that West Carter, Ashland, and Boyd County all had top 25 teams during those years or atleast they beat some top 25 teams.

According to the KHSAA website, it hasn't happnened as long as they've been keeping records. Onieda Baptist in 1983 averaged 95.5/game. BTW, the 49 point 1st quarter was the second largest in state history behind Jackson City's 51 point effort against MMI in 1992.

 

But are those full season averages, because Elliott still has not completed first semester yet, so they have plenty of chances for that average to go down.

But are those full season averages, because Elliott still has not completed first semester yet, so they have plenty of chances for that average to go down.

 

 

Oh, I agree. Just giving an answer to the question. If they can break the record of 95.5, that's a pretty big accomplishment.

Just a thought but wonder about the West Carter teams of 94 thru 96 with Jeremy Webb and Shay Berry? Or the Ashland teams during that time? Cause I know that West Carter, Ashland, and Boyd County all had top 25 teams during those years or atleast they beat some top 25 teams.

 

I would say over the course of the season those WC teams averaged in the 70's somehwere, Ashland probably a little lower, and Boyd a little higher. Ashland went to the state finals in '96, but didn't blow people out that season. Boyd was probably the best team in the region those years and may have averaged 80 points a game. They were ranked in the top 5 in the state all year.

I think the 1975-6 Pleasure Ridge Park team averaged about 91 ppg... nowhere close to 106, but still pretty impressive - especially for the mid-70's!

I can't remember any in the 61st that ever did.

 

Sounds like Elliott has sent another record then!!!!

 

GO ELLIOTT!!! :ylsuper:

The way they played against South Charleston was awesome. IMO they can play with anyone in the state including Holmes and Scott County.

What type of competition are they playing? Serious question, I know nothing about these teams:

 

Morgan County

West Carter

Lewis County

Boyd County

South Charleston

106 PPG is special in High School. I watched the South Charleston game and all I could think is, These guys have serious GAME. I love the 25 footers also.

What type of competition are they playing? Serious question, I know nothing about these teams:

 

Morgan County

West Carter

Lewis County

Boyd County

South Charleston

 

I don't think Elliott has played anywhere near the competition of teams like Holmes, Bryan Station, and Scott County...but a 106 ppg average is impressive if your entire schedule is against the Little Sisters of the Poor!

 

Hats off to EC!

We are going to find out how good Elliott is in this Christmas tournament. Even if they struggle, it doesn't mean they aren't one of the better teams in Kentucky.

 

Their schedule isn't the most difficult in the world and with the exception of the All A tournament, they could very well go to Rupp with only 1 or two losses.

 

The knock against Elliott last year was when they played physical teams, they struggled. Cov Cath, Rose Hill and Mason County. We have heard in their scrimmages, they may have fixed that problem. I'm looking forward to seeing their first real test.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.