Xavier 76 Cincinnati 66

swamprat

What about Gates? I expected that he would've been a factor on the offensive end.

Going into the game, you had to expect that out of Brown, Anderson, and Raymond, 2 would probably end up in double digits because they are seasoned talented players. Having only one offensive threat is too much like the last couple years for UC. They are better than that now. A post or wing has to become a threat.

Gates scored the first two points of the game, didn't score after that. He picked up 3 fouls and was on the bench a majority of the 1st half.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ts were all for mouthing off outside of the Frease headbutt. I don't think people realize how much these guys play over the summer at DSL and behind closed doors. When the game finally hits, the guys on both sides play with an edge. The worst part about tonight was an officiating crew that made themselves as much of a factor as either team. It clearly went both ways, and didn't provide an advantage. That doesn't make it good.

Williams, Bishop, Davis and Mitchell simply didn't answer the bell. Jackson, Love and Anderson did.

Brown and Vaughn were the two best players on the court, and that's what you expect. X won tier 2 up and down the floor...

Did the refs even know this was a rivalry? I do not support the trash talking and bumping stuff, but it is part of any game and even a bigger part of the Shootout. Like you said, these guys are playing against each other all summer and in some cases growing up. They see each other "out" and just dont to go at it.

You are right, Dante' and Jason Love came up HUGE last night for X. I was expecting to see more out of Gates. Love really got the best of him when he was in.

A very unimpressive game to watch for the most part. Makes me think that UC is going to have a real tough time putting points on the board once they hit their conference games.

They have guys that can score outside Vaughn, but they were far too tentative last night. It's time to take the training wheels off Dixon...

A very unimpressive game to watch for the most part. Makes me think that UC is going to have a real tough time putting points on the board once they hit their conference games.

It was probably one of the least enjoyable Shootouts to watch - ever. No flow. Silly woofing. Players not smart enough to adjust to the officiating. Poor offenses on both sides.

Dissatisfying.

I was not impressed at all. I hate when Xaiver wins!

You should be impressed with his hustle and attitude. He battles. Like many freshman big men, he simply has not had to work hard previously to score. Now he does and its a shock to the system. He will be strong before he finishes and every team would take him right now.

You should be impressed with his hustle and attitude. He battles. Like many freshman big men, he simply has not had to work hard previously to score. Now he does and its a shock to the system. He will be strong before he finishes and every team would take him right now.

Hustle-OK

Attitude- No... he did HEADBUTT Yancey Gates!

He just looks awkward in the open floor... like more than usual.

Hustle-OK

Attitude- No... he did HEADBUTT Yancey Gates!

He just looks awkward in the open floor... like more than usual.

Attitude is a fine line. I bet Mick Cronin would like to see McClain get a little more aggressive attitude like Frease has. I'd rather harness a kid's "enthusiasm" than have to try to pull it out of him.