Carroll Co. 54 Owen Co. 44

Way to go Panthers..sounds like Coach Yager is getting this team the way he wants them.

I wish that I could have seen this game!

You missed a good one for sure. First time I have seen the boys in black play as a team in along time. That is what you can expect from Yager . They will only get better as the year goes on. You would have been proud they played unselfish as a team can play. Still alot of work to do, I can promise no one on that bench will be celebrating long. However it is a signature win to let people know CC is back on the map.

FYI the 8th grade also knocked off Owens 8th grade for the first time in a while. Good things to come for the program .

This was a tight game throughout. Owen led by 1 at the half 19-18. Carroll started the third quarter with a little run and Owen used 2 timeouts then it reversed and Owen went up by 5 and Carroll used 2 timeouts (all in the third).

In the 4th quarter Carroll had 3 possesions that they scored a "and one" and two threes and created a margin of 6-7 points that they maintained. Carroll did a great job from the line the last 3 minutes of the game.

The whole team played well but Matt Allen had his best game in a while and Casey Cable played some stellar defense on Colin Gamble.

Great job Panthers - remember this is just the first step in a much longer jouney - keep working hard!

This is a shocker. Congrats go to the Panthers and Coach Yager. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Panthers on 2/14/09 when Oldham comes to town.

I'm really surprised by Owen...I didn't expect any stumbles by this team in the early part of their schedule. They've got an awful lot of talent, inside-outside, on that team.

Again, kudos to the Panthers!