Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Carroll Co. 54 Owen Co. 44

Featured Replies

You missed a good one for sure. First time I have seen the boys in black play as a team in along time. That is what you can expect from Yager . They will only get better as the year goes on. You would have been proud they played unselfish as a team can play. Still alot of work to do, I can promise no one on that bench will be celebrating long. However it is a signature win to let people know CC is back on the map.

 

FYI the 8th grade also knocked off Owens 8th grade for the first time in a while. Good things to come for the program .

 

I agree. Congrats to coach Yeager. He is a class act.

Congratulations to Coach Yager and the players for his first victory at his alma mater.

I guess all the hype about Owen needs to be re-evaluated.

Or it could be that Owen and Carroll are both good teams.

Or it could be that Owen and Carroll are both good teams.

 

 

I strongly suspect this is more the case. I think Carroll was simply under-rated to begin the year. Owen County has plenty of talent - I don't think anybody is going to debate that.

 

I wish I'd seen this game!

Congrats to the Panthers. Wish I could have been there! Hopefully this will be the first of good things to come. The varsity players all seem like fine young men and I believe have been playing together for a lot of years.

Scoring for the game:

 

Owen County

Marsden - 15

Gamble - 14

Shelton - 9

Colligan - 6

 

15 -2 -8/10 = 44

 

Carroll County

Yager - 19

Cable - 11

Allen - 9

Hendrick - 7

Craig - 6

Brocious - 2

 

13 - 3 - 19/31 = 54

 

Disparity at the line was Owen started fouling with 3+ on the clock.

Carroll shot 23 freethrows in the 4th Quarter.

Edited by CCHS_Dad
typo

Or it could be that Owen and Carroll are both good teams.

 

GF would never admit that Carroll County is a good team. :laugh:

Actually said that this summer just not on here.

Looks like the "All A" is wide open. Congrats to Carroll Co.

This is a shocker. Congrats go to the Panthers and Coach Yager. I'm really looking forward to seeing the Panthers on 2/14/09 when Oldham comes to town.

 

I'm really surprised by Owen...I didn't expect any stumbles by this team in the early part of their schedule. They've got an awful lot of talent, inside-outside, on that team.

 

Again, kudos to the Panthers!

 

I know Carroll started the season 0-2, but hey have some serious talent on that team. They will certainly be a team to reckon with. I am not surprised at all by this win.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.