Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cats taking a few days off?

Featured Replies

Kentucky used to value every win, whether it was in November, or during the summer touring Europe, in January, AND in March. When did this change?

  • Replies 96
  • Views 8.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You said they aren't playing for wins in Novemeber....Which is 100% wrong, but that shouldn't really come as a surprise I guess.

 

Why shouldn't that really come as a surprise? Your personal attacks are getting a little old if you want my honest opinion on the subject.

 

They are obviously trying to win every game they play (its an idiotic thought to even insinuate that a team isn't trying to win every game), but I don't think one of the teams established preseason goals was:

 

- Go 7-0 in November

 

I would say their goals were more like:

 

- Win 20+ games

- Win an SEC championship

- Make it to a Final Four

Billy G says he himself he wants to win every single game his team plays, but tell me this, which would be more important, a win in Novemeber, or a win in the NCAA Tournament in March??? That's what Wireman was saying, how can you not realize that??

 

I would think that its pretty easy to see what I was saying. I think that some of the responses were directed at me personally and not necessarily the statements I made regarding the UK basketball team.

Kentucky used to value every win, whether it was in November, or during the summer touring Europe, in January, AND in March. When did this change?

 

What has changed???

Kentucky used to value every win, whether it was in November, or during the summer touring Europe, in January, AND in March. When did this change?

I think Tubby started the trend if I remember correctly. I think it has been a long time since any team went the whole season without a loss. Every team tries to win each game and Ky. is no different.:rolleyes:

Kentucky used to value every win, whether it was in November, or during the summer touring Europe, in January, AND in March. When did this change?

 

Noone says they don't value every win but the ultimate goal is to get the best out of your team at the right time. That has always been the goal at UK and at every other team. When has that changed?

So many experts on here, simply amazing that Barnhardt hired Gillispie when the best coaches for UK were right here on BGP! ;)

 

I say, let the man coach his way and in the end, his overall results will tell the tale.

So many experts on here, simply amazing that Barnhardt hired Gillispie when the best coaches for UK were right here on BGP! ;)

 

I say, let the man coach his way and in the end, his overall results will tell the tale.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

So many experts on here, simply amazing that Barnhardt hired Gillispie when the best coaches for UK were right here on BGP! ;)

 

I say, let the man coach his way and in the end, his overall results will tell the tale.

 

:thumb: I agree

Billy G says he himself he wants to win every single game his team plays, but tell me this, which would be more important, a win in Novemeber, or a win in the NCAA Tournament in March??? That's what Wireman was saying, how can you not realize that??

 

Without the wins in November and such, there isn't going to be an NCAA tournament in March.

Kentucky used to value every win, whether it was in November, or during the summer touring Europe, in January, AND in March. When did this change?

 

:thumb:

Without the wins in November and such, there isn't going to be an NCAA tournament in March.

 

They were 7-9 last year heading into conference play and there was a March.

They were 7-9 last year heading into conference play and there was a March.

 

Well, yeah there's always a March. It falls after February and before April...:D

Well, yeah there's always a March. It falls after February and before April...:D

 

:sleep:

Well, yeah there's always a March. It falls after February and before April...:D

 

I have read through this entire thread and it appears that there's always a Smart Aleck comment as well and it falls right after Wireman and Corndog's last post. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.