Ryle 75 Cooper 17

poon

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just lost respect for coach Mullins and the Ryle program. Why would you do this to a team that is very young and doesn't have any varsity experience? I know Coach Sulli will keep this in the back of his head for the future and get them back! In my opinion this is a bigger embarrasment for Ryle than Cooper.

I just lost respect for coach Mullins and the Ryle program. Why would you do this to a team that is very young and doesn't have any varsity experience? I know Coach Sulli will keep this in the back of his head for the future and get them back! In my opinion this is a bigger embarrasment for Ryle than Cooper.

I agree if he kept the starters in and ran the score up, but if he didn't there isn't much he can do.

Does anyone who was at the game know which of these it was?

It doesnt matter if Cooper is very good or not. A 58 point win is way out of hand!

Now I can understand where you're coming from, but we also have to realize Ryle has a pretty solid JV team as well who I'm sure got a lot of clock tonight.

Okay but still 58 points? You can play a zone run off as much clock as possible but it looks like Mullins didnt sit back and give Cooper a break. I just think this is rediculous.

So, its the classic dilemma. You have varsity boys who may not get a lot of PT who now get to play. They've busted their humps every day and have done everything asked of them. You're now going to tell them to not to shoot or not to play defense? Not me. I won't have them pressing. I won't even have them waiting at half court. However, past that I'll have them playing tough D like I teach them in practice. I'll have them running our sets. If Cooper can't stop them, that's a Cooper problem not my problem. I might rule out 3 pt attempts but I'm not telling a kid to not get his name in the boxscore.

Coach Sullivan understands that.