Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ryle 75 Cooper 17

Featured Replies

I just lost respect for coach Mullins and the Ryle program. Why would you do this to a team that is very young and doesn't have any varsity experience? I know Coach Sulli will keep this in the back of his head for the future and get them back! In my opinion this is a bigger embarrasment for Ryle than Cooper.

 

:thumb:

  • Replies 61
  • Views 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumb:

 

What are you basing your support on?

I have to say, the score seems to indicate that not much was done to contain the end result from getting out of hand. 75 to 17, that is just...I mean didn't Cooper score more than that on Holy Cross or someone else they played. Is Ryle's JV and Freshman teams THAT dominating?

Scary part about it is Cooper also plays Boone, Holmes, and Highlands this year. Don't be surprised to see more scores like this. Cooper is going to struggle mightily this year.

For those criticizing Ryle, what would an acceptable point differential be to you and why?

Shelby Valley beat one of the most historical programs in the state of Kentucky by 43 tonite. Are we calling for the head of SV's coach?

For those criticizing Ryle, what would an acceptable point differential be to you and why?

 

It's a first year program in their district. Nobody has said on here that went to the game if they "ran" it up. I have an opinion but I didn't go.

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 8

Shelby Valley beat one of the most historical programs in the state of Kentucky by 43 tonite. Are we calling for the head of SV's coach?

 

Where does someone call for the head of Ryle's coach?

Coach Mullins did not run up the score, 14 players scored in the game.

Cooper scored at TOTAL of 2 points in the 4 quarter!!!

Ryle played their whole bench. The JV group played most of the 2nd half. The only thing that would have made a big difference in the score was if Ryle didn't play any D at all. There was not any "running up the score". I am not sure what else Ryle could have done to avoid that kind of a score. I guess they could have used 3 players instead of 5. Bottom line Cooper is going to have a long way to go in building their program but they certainly have the coach to do it.

I'm still looking for someone to explain what Ryle was supposed to do. They scored 31 points in the first quarter. From there it was about 16 to 19 per quarter. Hardly excessive.

 

If you're going to criticize it would be better if you said "here's what I would have done" rather than the hit-n-run job.

I'm still looking for someone to explain what Ryle was supposed to do. They scored 31 points in the first quarter. From there it was about 16 to 19 per quarter. Hardly excessive.

 

If you're going to criticize it would be better if you said "here's what I would have done" rather than the hit-n-run job.

 

Again I was not there, but I would have palyed some zone and I wouldn't have been picking up 3/4 court man in the second half along w/ some other things. They were playing against a glorified frosh/jv team.

Okay but still 58 points? You can play a zone run off as much clock as possible but it looks like Mullins didnt sit back and give Cooper a break. I just think this is rediculous.

 

Clyde, I clearly stated what I'd do.

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 13

I have no problem with the way Ryle played. I will say that looking at the score I felt a little sick to my stomach, but after examining the box score, it looks like he cleared the bench pretty early. Now, I don't know if they were fast breaking off everything, or how long the press was imposed. I imagine Coach Sullivan is a competitor and understands what the situation is. With time, Cooper will be just fine.

Clyde, I clearly stated what i'd do.

 

Running a zone is not going to help.

 

Offensively, you're telling me that you won't let your subs try to score?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.