Ryle 75 Cooper 17

poon

I just lost respect for coach Mullins and the Ryle program. Why would you do this to a team that is very young and doesn't have any varsity experience? I know Coach Sulli will keep this in the back of his head for the future and get them back! In my opinion this is a bigger embarrasment for Ryle than Cooper.

:thumb:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those criticizing Ryle, what would an acceptable point differential be to you and why?

It's a first year program in their district. Nobody has said on here that went to the game if they "ran" it up. I have an opinion but I didn't go.

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 8

Ryle played their whole bench. The JV group played most of the 2nd half. The only thing that would have made a big difference in the score was if Ryle didn't play any D at all. There was not any "running up the score". I am not sure what else Ryle could have done to avoid that kind of a score. I guess they could have used 3 players instead of 5. Bottom line Cooper is going to have a long way to go in building their program but they certainly have the coach to do it.

I'm still looking for someone to explain what Ryle was supposed to do. They scored 31 points in the first quarter. From there it was about 16 to 19 per quarter. Hardly excessive.

If you're going to criticize it would be better if you said "here's what I would have done" rather than the hit-n-run job.

I'm still looking for someone to explain what Ryle was supposed to do. They scored 31 points in the first quarter. From there it was about 16 to 19 per quarter. Hardly excessive.

If you're going to criticize it would be better if you said "here's what I would have done" rather than the hit-n-run job.

Again I was not there, but I would have palyed some zone and I wouldn't have been picking up 3/4 court man in the second half along w/ some other things. They were playing against a glorified frosh/jv team.

Okay but still 58 points? You can play a zone run off as much clock as possible but it looks like Mullins didnt sit back and give Cooper a break. I just think this is rediculous.

Clyde, I clearly stated what I'd do.

Edited by Ram Tough
Rule 13

I have no problem with the way Ryle played. I will say that looking at the score I felt a little sick to my stomach, but after examining the box score, it looks like he cleared the bench pretty early. Now, I don't know if they were fast breaking off everything, or how long the press was imposed. I imagine Coach Sullivan is a competitor and understands what the situation is. With time, Cooper will be just fine.