Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Favorite old movies

Featured Replies

What's everybodies 5 or so favorite old movies. Since we're all different ages, what we concider to be old movies will be different. Mine are in no particular order.

 

True Grit

Cool Hand Luke

Papillon

Auntie Mame

My Fair Lady

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was born in '86 & I'm not really sure these would qualify as "old" but they are old to me I guess. Anyhoo...

 

Jurassic Park (1993)

The Lion King (1994)

A League of Their Own (1992)

Forrest Gump (1994)

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Independence Day (1996)

Home Alone (1990)

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993)...I believe this is the movie. I just know it was an animated Dinosaur movie.

 

Yeah, there are probably many, many more (I know you said 5 but come on) but I just can't think of them right now.

  • Author
I was born in '86 & I'm not really sure these would qualify as "old" but they are old to me I guess. Anyhoo...

 

Jurassic Park (1993)

The Lion King (1994)

A League of Their Own (1992)

Forrest Gump (1994)

The Shawshank Redemption (1994)

Independence Day (1996)

Home Alone (1990)

Home Alone 2: Lost in New York (1992)

We're Back! A Dinosaur's Story (1993)...I believe this is the movie. I just know it was an animated Dinosaur movie.

 

Yeah, there are probably many, many more (I know you said 5 but come on) but I just can't think of them right now.

 

 

Definitely 2 of my favorites

The Godfather Trilogy

Cool Hand Luke

The Man with No Name Trilogy

Cool Hand Luke

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers

True Grit

The Outlaw Josey Wales

 

There are plenty more, just the first few that came to me.

The Godfather Trilogy

Cool Hand Luke

The Man with No Name Trilogy

Cool Hand Luke

The Invasion of the Body Snatchers

True Grit

The Outlaw Josey Wales

 

There are plenty more, just the first few that came to me.

 

:thumb:

Witness for the Prosecution (1957)

Most of "The Thin Man" movies

Most of The Marx Brothers movies

Dr. Strangelove (1964)

2001 A Space Odyssey (1968)

12 Angry Men, there is a stage show that tours for a few months each year. I'm hoping to go see that in 2009.

 

I recently saw the Magnificent Seven for the first time, I really liked that movie.

 

I still cannot believe The African Queen is not available on dvd. Supposedly it's being remastered and will be released, but that's still a joke.

WALKING TALL WITH JOE DON BAKER

No Time for Sergeants

 

 

The Bridge over the River Kwai

Ben Hur

House on Haunted Hill

The Wolf Man

No Time for Sergeants

 

 

 

That is one of the funniest scenes in a movie EVER!!!

Blazin' Saddles

Young Frankenstien

Rio Lobo

Sons of Katie Elder

Cool Hand Luke (1967)

The Vikings (1958)

Beh Hur (1959)

Spartacus (1960)

Jaws (1975)

Seven Samurai (1954)

The Graduate (1967)

North By Northwest (1959)

Casablanca

The Third Man

On The Waterfront

The Caine Mutiny

Going My Way

Gaslight

The Sand Pebbles

 

... I think I could go on for days about this. Turner Classic Movies is, IMO, probably the best channel on television.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.