Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top juniors in the state

Featured Replies

Khiry Maddox 6'0 190 lbs TE/LB for Owensboro

 

He is the best player on a quick Owensboro team. This kid will be the leader for them next year and should be an all-state candidate if he gets any media coverage.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't impressed with Dixie's QB at all when they played CCH early in the year. Not sure which guy it was though..

 

Against CCH, Wilson was 16 of 21 for 157 passing yards and a touchdown with also 70 yards on the ground and a touchdown in a pretty solid effort during an exciting game.

 

Wilson came into the game replacing Dematteo(sophmore) who was hurt early in the first quarter. Wilson's performance is probably overlooked because Klei stole the show with over 200 yards on the ground 5 touchdowns.

Pike will be the starting qb...Has the size and all the tools to be a very good one..

 

Pike is talented and has the ability to be a very good quarterback, but Wilson is too much of a talented athlete, leader, and positon fitting in the spread to change. Also the speed of play at the varsity and freshman levels differ greatly. Look for Wilson to be the starter opening night come next year.

Dixie's QB Ryan Wilson(5'11 160) and RB Corey Klei(5'6 190) are going to lead an explosive offense for the Colonels next year. Both put up very good numbers this year. It should be interesting to see what they do next year being a lethal combination in the spread.

 

They are two of the top juniors players in the state?? :rolleyes: Both solid, especially Klei, but calling them some of the top players is a bit much.

I would think that RB Vashun Banks of Christian County would qualify. I'm not a Christian County backer so I don't have his stats, but the kid has put up some big numbers over the past two seasons and should have a banner year as a senior.

Boyle County's Rees Machshara has been named, but how about their DT Grant Aumiller. Anybody who has seen this kid play knows that he is one of the biggest playmakers at that position. He's an animal, period.

 

:thumb::thumb: I totally agree 100%.

LCA WR: Branden Burdette

Watkins may be the most underrated player I saw this season. VERY solid HS player who has the potential to play on Saturdays.

I'm with you on Watkins.:thumb::thumb:

LCA WR: Branden Burdette

 

Welcome to BGP, FaithOne!! :thumb:

Nick West - QB - Conner Cougars - Best i have seen in many years.

It's easy to get carried away isn't it ! For the neysayers, remember there are a lot of D-1 schools....... not all are Florida, "The Ohio State", etc. Regarding the Highlands players, Collinsworth is in.........Grubbs &Welz are possibilities based on size (think S. Wise/Holy Cross) Will Bardo is a possibility based on size /speed but needs some bulk and a productive Sr. year. As for D-1, I'll stop there. (Roller was close before the injury but will have a tough road back (think Josh Conner). Although the 2007 Birds had a lot of potential & expectation, what they didn't have was comparable size. The 2009 "football" class will have a number of others drawing interest outside D-1 (Buten, Hogue, Schlosser to name a few) and could have a large number actuallly hit the gridiron at the collegiate level.

 

Regarding some others in N. Ky: Simpson is in.........Nichols has size but is still unproven; Quainoo may be undersized; haven't seen West enough lately to say for sure but he has size and is progressing. Overall, the Class of 2010 is a pretty strong group in N Ky. and plenty will move on, just stay grounded when you think legit D-1.

 

Roller will be just fine. He's a tough hard working kid that will pour his heart and soul into his rehabilititation. In the months that he can't yet be running, he'll be lifting and strengthening his upper body. He'll wear a brace to protect his knee next year, but I expect him to be every bit the player that he would have been without the knee injury, only with a much stronger upper body. And there is a big difference between Brandon's and Josh's injury: Josh's occurred his senior year, Brandon's occurred his junior year.

 

Brandon will have his entire senior year to show the college folks "he's back" and I have zero doubt that he'll be back better than ever. If I've learned one thing about the many Rollers I've had the pleasure to get to know, they are tougher than new leather. I truly feel sorry for the running backs on the other team we play in our first game next year because Brandon is going to be out to prove to everyone that he's better than ever. And I believe in the young man and his ability to do just so.:thumb:

Ashland's Rashard Carter, Josh Alber and Dominic DeMartino.

Rees Macsherra is a very talented Running Back for the Rebels

Roller will be just fine. He's a tough hard working kid that will pour his heart and soul into his rehabilititation. In the months that he can't yet be running, he'll be lifting and strengthening his upper body. He'll wear a brace to protect his knee next year, but I expect him to be every bit the player that he would have been without the knee injury, only with a much stronger upper body. And there is a big difference between Brandon's and Josh's injury: Josh's occurred his senior year, Brandon's occurred his junior year.

 

Brandon will have his entire senior year to show the college folks "he's back" and I have zero doubt that he'll be back better than ever. If I've learned one thing about the many Rollers I've had the pleasure to get to know, they are tougher than new leather. I truly feel sorry for the running backs on the other team we play in our first game next year because Brandon is going to be out to prove to everyone that he's better than ever. And I believe in the young man and his ability to do just so.:thumb:

 

I know Brandon is tough and if their is a kid that will give it all to get there it will be him. I hope and expect that he will come back strong and he is a "Roller" in the truest sense. My comment was more to do with the D-1 prospect and Brandon unfortunately suffered a setback in that arena that will be tougher now to overcome. I wish him the best, he is a first rate kid and a heck of a football player, thankfully he will get to show everyone all next year unlike Josh did by missing most of this year.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.