Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Announcement expected today.....

Featured Replies

On possible IU sanctions......4 PM.

 

I will not be around to post so no one ask where I am. Assume im not gonna be happy and run with it! :lol:

Edited by 98NCCalum

  • Author

Early reports are saying probation, and no additional penalties other than those that were self imposed.

 

I might have to celebrate if that's true.

 

That is what I was saying all along but didn't really think i'd be right. Haha

What are all of the self imposed penalties? Scholarship loss?

I was hoping they would bump them down to DII. Darn.

  • Author
I was hoping they would bump them down to DII. Darn.
I'd be ok with that for this year, they would have a chance at .500 then!
I'd be ok with that for this year, they would have a chance at .500 then!

 

:lol:

 

What's the best possible realistic penalty ?

What's the worst possible realistic penalty ?

  • Author
What's the best possible realistic penalty ?
Realistically if the reports are true and no further sanctions are laid down, that is definitely the best possible situation.

 

What's the worst possible realistic penalty ?

Well obviously they could shut it down for a couple years.

 

They could take away all scholarships, I suppose. There's 0 chance of that happening though.

 

A drastic reduction in recruit visits and coach visits and scholarship cuts are the biggest possibilities.

 

And then, of course, there is always a postseason ban, which isn't going to happen anyway. Not the ban, but them actually making it.

Realistically if the reports are true and no further sanctions are laid down, that is definitely the best possible situation.

 

 

Well obviously they could shut it down for a couple years.

 

They could take away all scholarships, I suppose. There's 0 chance of that happening though.

 

A drastic reduction in recruit visits and coach visits and scholarship cuts are the biggest possibilities.

 

And then, of course, there is always a postseason ban, which isn't going to happen anyway. Not the ban, but them actually making it.

 

Here's a good question for you.

 

If you're on the committee, what punishment would you give IU ? You can't be an IU fan on this one, what do you truly believe they deserve ?

  • Author
Here's a good question for you.

 

If you're on the committee, what punishment would you give IU ? You can't be an IU fan on this one, what do you truly believe they deserve ?

The sanctions they've given themselves are enough. It's the reason I've said all along thats all they will get. I truly believe with the scholarship cuts and the visit cuts/phone call cuts that they've done what the NCAA would have done anyway.

 

Getting rid of Sampson and Greenspan helped a lot, im sure, as did bringing someone like Tom Crean in.

 

Their should be sanctions on Kelvin Sampson, not the school. Don't take down the program or the kids that are currently there.

 

Only 2 kids remain from last season and 1 of those is a walkon. So literally no one involved with the basketball team had anything to do with that stuff.

 

MHO

I was hoping they would bump them down to DII. Darn.

 

There Not already:laugh:

The sanctions they've given themselves are enough. It's the reason I've said all along thats all they will get. I truly believe with the scholarship cuts and the visit cuts/phone call cuts that they've done what the NCAA would have done anyway.

 

Getting rid of Sampson and Greenspan helped a lot, im sure, as did bringing someone like Tom Crean in.

 

Their should be sanctions on Kelvin Sampson, not the school. Don't take down the program or the kids that are currently there.

 

Only 2 kids remain from last season and 1 of those is a walkon. So literally no one involved with the basketball team had anything to do with that stuff.

 

MHO

 

I hate this about college sports. I still hate Eddie Sutton!

Early reports are saying probation, and no additional penalties other than those that were self imposed.

 

I might have to celebrate if that's true.

 

That is what I was saying all along but didn't really think i'd be right. Haha

 

3 years probation. No other penalties.

I think this is the right decision..And i hate Indiana but those kids there and coach and Ad didnt have anything to do with what went on.. Congrats 98 you just dodge a bullet.

They should have to play all their non-conference games against Notre Dame.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.