Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 63 Memphis 58

Featured Replies

I don't see either as teams playing great right now. With how UC looks, I simply feel better than I have in two years... :D

 

XU just played 3 quality teams in a row , won them all, and you're excited about UC's performance against Western Somebody?

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XU just played 3 quality teams in a row , won them all, and you're excited about UC's performance against Western Somebody?

Yup...

  • Author
XU just played 3 quality teams in a row , won them all, and you're excited about UC's performance against Western Somebody?

 

X has turned the ball over 81 times in their first 5 games. If they have any flaws, that could end up being a big one to keep an eye on. That includes double digit turnovers against IPFW and Toledo.

 

They had a great tournament, played outstanding to win. But a better team will beat them if they continue to turn the ball over that much.

I don't see either as teams playing great right now. With how UC looks, I simply feel better than I have in two years... :D

 

But will they ever get past the 2nd round? Xavier, all they do is go to elite 8's in the past 4 yrs.

 

X matched Memphis' defensive pressure and the frosh are playing like veterans already. The UC/X game will definitely be one great game.

But will they ever get past the 2nd round? Xavier, all they do is go to elite 8's in the past 4 yrs.

 

X matched Memphis' defensive pressure and the frosh are playing like veterans already. The UC/X game will definitely be one great game.

I find that argument amusing. Huggs had 2 E8s and a FF early in his career, and then the 2nd round exits.

 

Plus there's the small fact Huggs is gone.

 

I like how UC matches up with X and Memphis St. this year. I couldn't say that the last two years.

 

It was tough to watch Mick and the Misfits go 0-2 against X in that stretch and get blown out by such superior talent. Wait... ;)

I find that argument amusing. Huggs had 2 E8s and a FF early in his career, and then the 2nd round exits.

 

Plus there's the small fact Huggs is gone.

 

I like how UC matches up with X and Memphis St. this year. I couldn't say that the last two years.

 

It was tough to watch Mick and the Misfits go 0-2 against X in that stretch and get blown out by such superior talent. Wait... ;)

 

I admire your positivity and outlook on the Bearcats. They definitely have some size. I wouldnt live in the past too much though. The early 90's are sadly becoming further and further away which makes us all older. ;)

I admire your positivity and outlook on the Bearcats. They definitely have some size. I wouldnt live in the past too much though. The early 90's are sadly becoming further and further away which makes us all older. ;)

 

I don't spend a day living back then. Just pointing out what misery this town has found in living in a "Xavier has been in 2 E8s in 4 years" has provided... :p

No matter what line-up is thrown out there for X or UC the Crosstown Shootout is always a classic. I'm looking forward to it as much as anyone!

Very good game to watch. Memphis once again is horrid from the free throw line and it truly lost them this game as well as poor shot selection from behind the arc. Evans isnt exactly a shooter. Sometimes when he would shoot it looked like he wasnt looking at the goal. Xavier has a nice team and I like the way they play ball. They'll be tough for any team.

Yup...

 

While UC does look better you have to give credit to X. They're playing frosh in big spots. They beat a team from the B12, the ACC, and the team that played for the National title last year this week. UC obviously looks better and they have more talent for those two matchups but X looks good. I think they give Duke all they want. They're now playing for a seed in March whereas UC is looking for an invite.

While UC does look better you have to give credit to X. They're playing frosh in big spots. They beat a team from the B12, the ACC, and the team that played for the National title last year this week. UC obviously looks better and they have more talent for those two matchups but X looks good. I think they give Duke all they want. They're now playing for a seed in March whereas UC is looking for an invite.

I'm not taking anything away from X. Very nice start to the season. I simply see a team with some flaws that need to be fixed going forward, and I'd guarantee Miller agrees with that assessment...

X has turned the ball over 81 times in their first 5 games. If they have any flaws, that could end up being a big one to keep an eye on. That includes double digit turnovers against IPFW and Toledo.

 

They had a great tournament, played outstanding to win. But a better team will beat them if they continue to turn the ball over that much.

 

No question. Add FT shooting as well. However, they offset that with D , depth, and toughness. I'm not saying UC can't beat them. I'm just saying we have nothing to base that on yet due to UC's schedule.

I'm not taking anything away from X. Very nice start to the season. I simply see a team with some flaws that need to be fixed going forward, and I'd guarantee Miller agrees with that assessment...

 

Heck, even ol' Roy would agree with that assessment. What coach doesnt think that?

I'm not taking anything away from X. Very nice start to the season. I simply see a team with some flaws that need to be fixed going forward, and I'd guarantee Miller agrees with that assessment...

 

I agree, but UC hasn't played anyone capable of showing their flaws jsut yet. We shall see. UC needs to win one or both of those games b/c once conference play gets started it becomes brutal.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.