Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Xavier 63 Memphis 58

Featured Replies

XU just played 3 quality teams in a row , won them all, and you're excited about UC's performance against Western Somebody?

 

 

They had to come from 15 down to beat Missouri.

 

It took a MIRACLE half court shot to beat a horribly coached Va. Tech.

 

Memphis si NOT as good as advertised.

 

I'm looking forward to the shootout (and Memphis) as well.

  • Replies 50
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They had to come from 15 down to beat Missouri.

 

It took a MIRACLE half court shot to beat a horribly coached Va. Tech.

 

Memphis si NOT as good as advertised.

 

I'm looking forward to the shootout (and Memphis) as well.

 

What's your point? You and GT are the only ones who think VT is "horribly coached."

Congratulations to Xavier. I really like Coach Miller. I think hes one of the best coaches out there. Hes done great things with Xavier.

They had to come from 15 down to beat Missouri.

 

It took a MIRACLE half court shot to beat a horribly coached Va. Tech.

 

Memphis si NOT as good as advertised.

 

I'm looking forward to the shootout (and Memphis) as well.

 

But the fact is that they DID come back to beat Missouri, they kept themselves in the game to be able to make the miracle shot against Tech, and beat a good Memphis team - whether or not the are as "good as advertised" or not. Great start to X's season by beating some quality opponents.

What's your point? You and GT are the only ones who think VT is "horribly coached."

 

 

How do you not see that? Watch the tape! You can hear him yelling "you get open!, wait no, you get open!" Have a plan.

No way Memphis is a top 15 team. I don't see how they could be after losing Rose, Dorsey, and CDR.

 

Good win for XU nonetheless.

How do you not see that? Watch the tape! You can hear him yelling "you get open!, wait no, you get open!" Have a plan.

 

As I replied in another thread to GT's same claim:

 

He also didn't say "don't charge" or "don't foul on the rebound because we don't want to send them to the line" yet the players knew. While he was saying "get open" he was also mapping out on the board HOW to "get open." Your claim would only be valid if he looked them straight in the eyes without drawing anything up and said "boys, just get open."

 

For you and GT to discount the success he's had at building USF and re-building VaTech tells me you either don't know basketball or you simply don't like the guy personally. I'm guessing its the latter.

 

So, what are you trying to tell me when you tell me about X's victories as it pertains to how they will do against UC which is a team no one confuses with UM, VT, or Memphis?

So, what are you trying to tell me when you tell me about X's victories as it pertains to how they will do against UC which is a team no one confuses with UM, VT, or Memphis?

 

No one confuses with Missouri or Virginia Tech? :lol:

 

Do you consider this X team to be better than either of the last two teams? One that lost to UC two years ago and the other that had to hang on to beat in Cintas???

No one confuses with Missouri or Virginia Tech? :lol:

 

Do you consider this X team to be better than either of the last two teams? One that lost to UC two years ago and the other that had to hang on to beat in Cintas???

 

Are you telling me that UC is on the level of Mizzou and VT?

 

This X team is not as good as last year's team offensively. Defensively they may be better overall.

 

Note that I've not said once that UC can't or won't beat them. What I have said is that X just beat 3 solid to pretty good teams and we have nothing but speculation to judge UC on.

I think this X team will be better than the last two teams, but UC is better too. X is going to be really good at the end of the year. They may not go to the elite 8, but they are good and I think their frosh will develop a ton in the next few months.

 

Was X better than UC the times they beat them while UC was in the top 5? Throw the records out when those two teams go at it. UC needs to worry about navigating that conference along w/ the two games mentioned.

Are you telling me that UC is on the level of Mizzou and VT?

 

Yes. Without a doubt...

Yes. Without a doubt...

 

I'd go as far to say they may be better.

Yes. Without a doubt...

 

So UC is a bubble team for the NCAA? UC beat USC right now?

So UC is a bubble team for the NCAA? UC beat USC right now?

If they were in the ACC or Big 12 I'd feel a lot better about their tournament chances, but as I have said before I think they will be just outside the tournament this year. I also don't think Mizzou or VPI make it.

 

USC flat out isn't very good right now. Not much else to say there...

If they were in the ACC or Big 12 I'd feel a lot better about their tournament chances, but as I have said before I think they will be just outside the tournament this year. I also don't think Mizzou or VPI make it.

 

USC flat out isn't very good right now. Not much else to say there...

 

1. How many do you think make it out of the ACC?

 

2. Does UC beat USC today?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.