November 18, 200817 yr Uhhh. Hmmm. First VMI, now Mercer. The Fighting Roy-D's go into Tuscaloosa and get the win over the Tide. Mercer had exhibition losses to the Southern Ontario Stars and Georgia College and State. Is this a sign of things to come for the SEC again this year?
November 18, 200817 yr Is this a sign of things to come for the SEC again this year? I believe so. The conference is simply not that good. There are only 2 debateable top 25 teams at this point, and they are extremely flawed.
November 18, 200817 yr I am not defending Bama or UK, but you see these early season meltdowns a lot more now than ever because these teams get very little practice in as the season is starting sooner and they are going up against a group of experienced players. UCLA and Duke have already had scares as well.
November 18, 200817 yr Oregon State lost to tough one already, as well. That's just how it is in college basketball these days. There is so much parity and these early season games are tough.
November 18, 200817 yr Uhhh. Hmmm. First VMI, now Mercer. The Fighting Roy-D's go into Tuscaloosa and get the win over the Tide. Mercer had exhibition losses to the Southern Ontario Stars and Georgia College and State. Is this a sign of things to come for the SEC again this year? This is where former Montgomery Co Indian Jordan Stephens is playing his college ball. :thumb:
November 18, 200817 yr I would bet that under 5% of the population in Alabama even knows basketball season has started. It's all about the pigskin there.
November 18, 200817 yr Oregon State lost to tough one already, as well. That's just how it is in college basketball these days. There is so much parity and these early season games are tough. Except Oregon State is flat out awful. Not the best comparison to save face for the SEC...
November 18, 200817 yr Except Oregon State is flat out awful. Not the best comparison to save face for the SEC... I'm not trying to save face for the SEC. I think the SEC sucks in basketball.
November 18, 200817 yr Uhhh. Hmmm. First VMI, now Mercer. The Fighting Roy-D's go into Tuscaloosa and get the win over the Tide. Mercer had exhibition losses to the Southern Ontario Stars and Georgia College and State. Is this a sign of things to come for the SEC again this year? How Big a boy's are they?:banana:
November 18, 200817 yr Wow, didn't see that one. I can name one player on the B-ball team. Ron Steele
November 18, 200817 yr Wow, didn't see that one. I can name one player on the B-ball team. Ron Steele I named Ronald Steele in '99. The guy will not leave.
November 18, 200817 yr Except Oregon State is flat out awful. Not the best comparison to save face for the SEC... Don't forget Oregon losing to Oakland.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.