Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kragthorpe...a plea...

Featured Replies

I know there are those on here that don't support him, and I can live with that. I do have a few comments. The kids, the administration, and Coach Pitino are behind him 100%. As far as Pitino goes, while it normally wouldn't mean much, he knows what it takes to be a great leader, and he feels that Krags is just that. He's not required to say so, if he didn't say so, he'd be quiet about it. As Louisville fans, we have no choice but live with growing pains. These kids will get better, all the while they will lay an egg here or there. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely disappointed with the results at times, but we are resolved to enjoy when they play lights out. They have proven they can do so. Let's all stand behind Krags for at least the rest of this season, and next, and see what he can do with HIS team, PLEASE.

  • Replies 31
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems like Krag is in a similar situation as Rich Brooks was 3 years ago.

  • Author

I was just going to say the same thing.....I was as critical of Brooks as anyone on BGP, and he continues to prove me wrong. Give this man a chance. He has great discipline, character, and pedigree. He will right the ship.

I agree. I said earlier today that I couldn't believe how quickily the tide turned for the Cards program since the Orange Bowl. The program was on top of the world. Getting beat by Syracuse and handled by Pitt is tough and I'd be frustrated but there is just something about Krags that makes me think he is going to come out on top when it's all said and done. I like most was critical of Brooks (I still think the best thing he has done is surround himself with GREAT coaches/recruiters ala Smith, Joker, Sanders etc). I'd like to see guys like Vic and Doug come out on top before they leave... just not against UK.

  • Author

I can understand that....Krags has already done the job surrounding himself with great coaches, now his players simply need to age.

Though I didn't feel like it at the time, I may have overreacted after the Syracuse loss (just typing that, I still feel kind of justified in my reaction). I'll give him the rest of this season.

 

Then third time's a charm.

I support him. I realize they have had to much turnover and depth is limitted. I just want Hunter put on the bench or start playing a 2 QB system. This offense needs a spark.

Seems like Krag is in a similar situation as Rich Brooks was 3 years ago.

 

Outside of the fact that Krag was handed a team coming off a BCS win and Rich was handed one coming off probation

  • Author

^ Excellent point.

You don't think Pitino would be selfish enough to want to keep this guy so that UL is again primarily a BASKETBALL school? :sssh::devil::D

  • Author

NO....he is the man, everyone around here knows that.

After all the Patino/Patrino stuff I'd say he's just fine with his name being golden and Kraigthorp struggling. Just a bet.

I support him alot. Mostly because I want to see UK get a win in the rivalry every season :thumb:

I don't know that everyone will understand this but as a rabid Wildcat fan I always saw Jurich as the real threat in sports. He had a way of getting good coaches and if he sees something in Coach K, I would certainly if UL fan, and based on the success of the past in UL sports, give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm a UK fan and I can't tell you how much of a Jurich fan I am. He has done an amazing job IMO!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.