Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hansbrough out indefinitely with stress reaction...

Featured Replies

...in his shin. More should be known by tomorrow.

Stress reactions can lead to stress fractures.

  • Replies 30
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow tough break, literally. I guess Hansbrough jumped from too many balconies in the off season.

Just seen this on ESPN, too bad for him. He is one of my most hated college basketball players of my life.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3674076

Hansbrough out of practice indefinitely with stress reaction condition

 

According to ESPN medical analysist Dr. Michael Kaplan, the MRI likely showed increased uptake in tibia (leg bone) suggesting a stress reaction. An overload or overuse type phenomenon occurs with inflammation and, ultimately, fatigue failure with stress fracture. This is a precursor condition to stress fracture. A period of rest is mandatory for tissues to quiet down or worsening injury will result.

 

"I expect he'll be healthy and play [this season]," Gene Hansbrough said. "It's still to early to tell. They don't even have an exhibition for a week."

 

He is the first AP player of the year to return to school since LSU's Shaquille O'Neal in 1991, and probably the biggest name to skip the draft and play a fourth season in college since Tim Duncan returned to Wake Forest a decade ago.

I hate this for him, which is big because I love to hate the kid (for rivalry reasons, I actually have tremendous respect for him), that said, he needs to rest this injury until he is 100% ready to get back in the game, the early season means nothing for this club.

I have never heard much on stress reactions and the article did not really convey this, but how long does this normally sideline someone? Will this be a persistent problem the rest of his career/life?

Just a matter of time with him. Dude's psychotic! I actually thought it'd be a broken limb or blown knee from diving all over the place....

Just a matter of time with him. Dude's psychotic! I actually thought it'd be a broken limb or blown knee from diving all over the place....

 

I really admire Psycho T, but I will be the first to admit he is a bit dramatic for me.

I really admire Psycho T, but I will be the first to admit he is a bit dramatic for me.

 

No doubt. But eventually he was going to miss the pool, if you know what I mean...

Tough break for UNC. I hate it for Hansbrough.

 

Rock Pride is right. T.H. is one of those guys that is just so easy to hate. He's annoying and dramatic but you can't fault the guy for his effort. He leaves it all on the floor every game. I hope he heals quickly.

Should of went to the NBA!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.