Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Hate to Say I Told You So....

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every once in a while, a blind squirrel will even stumble on a nut or two...

Watched every game and enjoyed it...

 

 

:thumb::thumb: A true fan of baseball will watch regardless of who is playing. My team (The Reds) haven't played in it since 1990, yet there is no way I would ever miss watching the World Series.

Hmmm don't remember saying I was right...:rolleyes:

 

And...it doesn't make sense to point out otherwise unless it was disputed.

 

 

Come on now. Be man enough to admit you were wrong. You did in fact dispute that this World Series would be the lowest rated series ever. It's OK to be wrong. Nobody is right all the time, (except Gametime) and you'll earn more respect when you admit that you were wrong.

:thumb::thumb: A true fan of baseball will watch regardless of who is playing. My team (The Reds) haven't played in it since 1990, yet there is no way I would ever miss watching the World Series.

 

And I thought this series was fun to watch...

While the teams playing in the WS did not help matters, this has been a trend the past few years, something baseball needs to worry about. There are a group of hardcore fans that will always watch, but baseball has truly lost its grip on the casual fan. Not a good thing. People always cite, "Record attendance" and "Record Revenue", but those are extremely distorted numbers. Still does not mean people are watching. We need to bring back up the, "Baseball at a crossroads" thread... good discussion.

Tough to do when football is televised 5 days a week...

I didn't watch all of every game but I did watch a lot of it and enjoyed it. I watched college football when the two were on at the same time and I would check in on the WS game from time to time. These ratings don't suprise me but I do love baseball and MLB is about the only pro sport I like almost as well as the college game in the same sport.

Besides lets face it, a lot of us watched the Reds all season so watching bad, boring baseball is really nothing new to us :D.

:thumb::thumb: A true fan of baseball will watch regardless of who is playing. My team (The Reds) haven't played in it since 1990, yet there is no way I would ever miss watching the World Series.

 

:thumb: I agree, although I must admit when a college football game was on at the same time I watched football and checked in on the WS game during time outs/commercials.

Philly and T.B. were far from favorites of mine but imo it was a fun series to watch. Probably bc I love baseball.

No surprise that ratings were awful, I only watched bits and pieces of Game 1 and the last few innings of Game 5.

 

Had Boston and/or LA made the series, I would have made time to watch every inning.

:thumb::thumb: A true fan of baseball will watch regardless of who is playing. My team (The Reds) haven't played in it since 1990, yet there is no way I would ever miss watching the World Series.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:Me, as well.

I don't think it surprised anyone that the ratings were poor.

 

I don't think the weather and postponement and all that helped much for the clinching game, either.

 

I'm not a hardcore baseball fan, so my watching of the WS varies depending on what else is on TV and what else I have to do (unless a team I'm really interested in is playing). Wasn't the case this year...

Come on now. Be man enough to admit you were wrong. You did in fact dispute that this World Series would be the lowest rated series ever. It's OK to be wrong. Nobody is right all the time, (except Gametime) and you'll earn more respect when you admit that you were wrong.

 

I can admit I was wrong....I was just pertaining to him calling me wrong....I was dead wrong on this one. I guess I figured there was more pure baseball fans out there and would watch the World Series....

I watched the majority of every game. I enjoyed it very much, and couldn't help but think that baseball has won me back.

 

For far too long in the steroid era, I was frustrated as a fan. My team, the Reds, were never contenders, and you could see the focus of baseball shift from manufacturing home runs to waiting on the big 3-run home run. That seems to have changed again.

 

The Phillies & Rays both got to the World Series due to playing good baseball. That means stealing bases & good pitching. I enjoyed this World Series very much, and if you missed it, then you missed one of the most enjoyable World Series' in the past few years for me.

I watched the majority of every game. I enjoyed it very much, and couldn't help but think that baseball has won me back.

 

For far too long in the steroid era, I was frustrated as a fan. My team, the Reds, were never contenders, and you could see the focus of baseball shift from manufacturing home runs to waiting on the big 3-run home run. That seems to have changed again.

 

The Phillies & Rays both got to the World Series due to playing good baseball. That means stealing bases & good pitching. I enjoyed this World Series very much, and if you missed it, then you missed one of the most enjoyable World Series' in the past few years for me.

 

Too many fans want the long ball now..They were spoiled with the steroid era. I watched all of the World Series I just feel that more fans should have watched it for the purity of baseball.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.