Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

During the UK coaching search, who did you want?

Featured Replies

I believe this thread is from the day Tubby resigned.

 

Note post #4

 

Maybe post #234 here (and don't forget to look at the poll results)

 

Just sayin... :D

 

Ouch, sounded like a lot out there did in fact want Billy G here. I remember Woody Paige saying, the day Tubby left, that Billy G would be our next coach. I knew I liked that guy for some reason.

  • Replies 55
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmm come on people. Alot of you all are saying you had Billy G as the main guy you wanted or atleast the second choice. However I remember back in those threads, hardly anyone was saying that was the guy they wanted. I usually never heard many people say they were their second choice either.

 

The main names it seemed like people were saying were Billy D. Rick Pitino, Travis Ford (I mentioned him as well), Pelphrey, Thad Matta and people like that. There are a few I left out. There definitely wasn't as many people on here wanting Billy G. as people are saying on here right now. It wasn't until the very end of the search when people decided they might want Billy G. :fire::D

 

Does it matter?

 

I'm sure a lot of people said a lot of things initially that they changed their mind on after further consideration.

 

Take me, for example, I liked the idea of Travis Ford at first, but the more I thought, the less I liked it.

 

I think once the list started to narrow down and Gillispie became a strong player, most people read up on him and decided they liked him. So, I guess it depends on whether your question is what this thread asks, or "Who did you want as soon as you found out Tubby was gone?".

I remember I was ademantly against Tom Crean. I believe I was ready to hire Callipari or Donovan. As of now it seems to be working out for the best though. I sure am happy.

I honestly wanted Tubby to stay, but once we got Billy G I realize that I had been lulled into submission over the past few years. Just like I wanted Ty to stay at ND football, until he left and there was so much more energy. I guess I just fear change.

 

To answer the question though, I never think about these things until the deal is done. More often that not, it's a lot of wasted effort, and usually negative. I'm VERY glas we got Billy G.

Donovan, who is still my preference, but I think BCG will be fine.

 

Ditto.

I believe

Maybe post #234 here (and don't forget to look at the poll results)

 

Just sayin... :D

 

 

Check out post 41 in that one I believe....:D

I still can't understand why anyone would ever want Coach Cal....The man is probation waiting to happen. He built UMass up and left them in a scandal, and there have already been a could inquiries down at Memphis from what I understand.

After watching BCG beat Louisville at Rupp in the NCAA tourney I was sold on him.

I wished they never would have got rid of Tubby. He was a very good coach, and just a class act!!!!!!!!

I wanted to keep Tubby, but if no Tubby I wanted:

 

1. Rick Pitino

2. Billy Donovan

3. John Calipari

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.