Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Best Coaching Positions in the Commonwealth?

Featured Replies

Are there any orphanages in KY? With the way parents can be today, I would go with an orphanage.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this really true?

 

You bet!!!!!!!!:ylsuper:

Are there any orphanages in KY? With the way parents can be today, I would go with an orphanage.

 

It took me a minute, but I think I got it.:laugh:

Scott County does have some great support overall. NewCath has good support overall and Highlands just keeps getting better and better.

 

NewCath and Highlands both have 2 big things working against them in this arguement. They both have tiny gyms and both will always play second fiddle to the football programs...

No one is mentioning Covington Holmes. I have never been to Cov. Holmes, but it helps to coach good players. The last few seasons Holmes has been loaded with talent. I know in the past they have had some disciplinary issues, but it appears they have a great group right now. I believe that would be a good place to coach.

 

Great in terms of talent, tradition and facilities.... The arguements that you will hear against it are things like CC mentioned. There are things that you have to "put up with" at Holmes. Also, the fan base isn't overwhelming, and from what I hear, the $$$ aspect isn't good...

Would like to think the best coaching position is where the coach is able to teach willing kids the game of basketball, make a difference in their lives - not how many wins, how much money, how nice of a facility, how many recruits, etc - but in reality I know that is true old school thinking.

Great in terms of talent, tradition and facilities.... The arguements that you will hear against it are things like CC mentioned. There are things that you have to "put up with" at Holmes. Also, the fan base isn't overwhelming, and from what I hear, the $$$ aspect isn't good...

 

Like I said, I haven't ever been to Holmes before. But just looking at their athletes alone it appears to be a good place to coach. I think Coach Henley has done an amazing job with them. He has made the job a lot more desirable IMO.

Well I think we are for getting Mason County they have always been a contender for the 10th and state tourney and, have one of the most prestige gyms in the state, also they have had two solid players coming out of there. Considering Darius Miller and Chris Lofton both are at and went to major conference schools.

I would think Paul Lawrence Dunbar is a good place to coach. There is a large student population, talent pool, and great facilities.

This will gather a few laughs, but My vote is for Augusta. The entire community loves Coach Kelsch for what he's doing now, and doesen't have to improve to keep that support (meaning- no pressure). He can keep going 17-12 and making regional appearances, and they'll treat him like a god there. Keep up the good work Robin!

 

 

I second that, it is literally a coaching past time.

 

Another school I like is Ashland Blazer, Tradition and Talent.

If you look at the talent that a school has now as well as the talent in the feeder programs it isnt even close. Scott Co. is the premier job in the state. The seventh and eighth grade teams are some of the best in the state, and everybody knows they have plenty of talent at the high school level. Scott County could go on a run in the next six years that is unmatched.

Mason County

  • Author

At Mason the coach has a full teaching load (at least they have in the past). That's not the case at some of the other programs that have been mentioned.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.