Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Estill Co. 29 Harlan Co. 20

Featured Replies

Actually a lot of your posters have jumped ship. There used to be taleast 12 posters from HC. in a thread, now there's just two.

 

I thought you meant fans in general had jumped ship...I didn't realize you meant posters on this website. I'm not surprised if people have quit posting....I've thought about it a couple times myself, but I'm still here. There is a LOT (not ALL) of posters on here who seem to have almost a grudge or something against our boys because of the 3A versus 5A ordeal. The boys can't help it and neither can we. We've been doing the best we can with the cards we have to play and that's all we can do.

 

GO BEARS!!! :dancingpa

  • Replies 75
  • Views 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you meant fans in general had jumped ship...I didn't realize you meant posters on this website. I'm not surprised if people have quit posting....I've thought about it a couple times myself, but I'm still here. There is a LOT (not ALL) of posters on here who seem to have almost a grudge or something against our boys because of the 3A versus 5A ordeal. The boys can't help it and neither can we. We've been doing the best we can with the cards we have to play and that's all we can do.

 

GO BEARS!!! :dancingpa

 

Not all have jumped. Go Bears

Not all have jumped. Go Bears

 

Go Bears! I ain't jumping anything, just waiting on next Friday. Estill played a good game and did what they had to do. However, I must admit watching them play is like watching paint dry but they did win so good luck. Now lets go Bears and we just might see you again ------ One never knows?

P.S. We can't wait to play Bell next year either....don't think we aren't...so bring it on. :ylsuper:

 

Bell is always ready in case you didn't know can't wait for the rivalry to start but it will have to wait next year. Bell has bigger fish to fry right now. Good luck and see you next season.:thumb:

 

The Black Bears have bigger fish to fry too. Not even thinking about Bell Co right now.

You don't say....yes, I know rain is part of the game. It's just a TAD BIT disapppointing that with us only having 3 home games anyways, and 2 of them being VERY important district games, against 2 of the best teams out of the district, it has practically monsooned (is that a word) during both of them. And, yes, we did have a 400+ yard rusher last week against M'boro, and again, the stinkin rain slows backs like him down. So, yes I'm a hair peeved about the rain!!! Not, taking anything away from Estill Co.; they played a very tough game, props to them, I just think it would have went our way if it hadn't poured buckets all night long.

 

P.S. We can't wait to play Bell next year either....don't think we aren't...so bring it on. :ylsuper:

 

The rain was a factor, but I believe it effected both teams a pretty fair share. Gillam's speed was hurt by the rain, but from watching the Engineers this year they have the ability (as ball carriers) to punish tacklers for four quarters. The same rain that effected Gilliam's running, effected the punishment from Estill's backs. I was actually thinking without the rain the sum of Estill's win would have been much greater. Either way, Harlan has improved tremendously since the Breathitt Co. game, nowhere near the same team. They will be a very dangerous threat come playoff time, good luck to the Black Bears.

I don't know how the rain affected Estill's backs dealing out punishment. They did a very good job of that.

 

I think Estill would have had more trouble covering Harlan County's receivers on a dry field.

 

I don't mean that to take anything away from Estill though. They have a very good team.

I don't know how the rain affected Estill's backs dealing out punishment. They did a very good job of that.

 

I think Estill would have had more trouble covering Harlan County's receivers on a dry field.

 

I don't mean that to take anything away from Estill though. They have a very good team.

 

If this would have been the case then I'm glad it wasn't a dry field, watching our db's trying to cover the receivers was scary enough wet. As far as the punishment goes, there was a small dose just not the usual. I seen flashes of Gilliam and can tell he's a solid back, but I believe Green gave us more fits, we haven't seen a kid this year that would constantly run it down your throat and continue to have success doing so for the entire game. Even the Fugate kid from Breathitt, he had around 40 yards until the final drive, ended with 79 I believe.

Go Bears! I ain't jumping anything, just waiting on next Friday. Estill played a good game and did what they had to do. However, I must admit whinatcg them play is like watching paint dry but they did win so good luck. Now lets go Bears and we just might see you again ------ One never knows?

 

I agree that from a fan's point of view that their offense is "boring", but they run it so well and it works for them. You'd think the play was over and all of a sudden....here comes somebody leaping over all these bodies for some yardage. It was good to see Russ doing so well. Just wish it wasn't against us.

 

We've still got a lot of football to be played. We'll just have to play it on the road. Go Black Bears!!

Go Bears! I ain't jumping anything, just waiting on next Friday. Estill played a good game and did what they had to do. However, I must admit watching them play is like watching paint dry but they did win so good luck. Now lets go Bears and we just might see you again ------ One never knows?

:laugh: I'll take a smashmouth, here I come see if you can stop me, "paint drying" 8-1 offense any day. Estill now sits at 8-1, with only a 1 point defeat to Breathitt, at Breathitt. They're just a darn good football team rain or no rain. Great game and good luck to Harlan Cent. rest of the way.

:laugh: I'll take a smashmouth, here I come see if you can stop me, "paint drying" 8-1 offense any day. Estill now sits at 8-1, with only a 1 point defeat to Breathitt, at Breathitt. They're just a darn good football team rain or no rain. Great game and good luck to Harlan Cent. rest of the way.

 

No negative comment was meant from my post. Estill does what they do very well. They have a darn good football team and it showed Friday night! 8-1 is a great season so far BUT, I am thinking that you all are better than Breathitt Co. and probably should be 9-0. It may sound strange but I still think IF you all do meet in the playoffs that Breathitt wins again even though I really think you guys have the best team. I just don't know if Estill can get past the name Breathitt and if your kids really believe you guys can win? Just my thoughts but who know's!

I'm still here supporting my Black Bears as well!

 

Good game!!!. Should have/could have won. We have been close in two of our losses and could use that same slogan for both, but all I know is that we still have a winning record and our three losses came to good teams. We are a first year consolidated program and are going to the playoffs. Not bad mouthing them by any means but look at Letcher Central, they had a rough year or two at the beginning of their consolidation and look where they are at now! We are primed to make some noise this year and for years to come. Go BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang looks like all the fans in Harlan Co. have quickly exited the train. Many posters on here tried to warn them they were not going to build a powerhouse over night. HC will be a 3 seed going to were in the playoffs??

 

It takes a while. They've come a long way in one year though.

It took Bell, for example, four years at the new school to get past Cawood in the old 3A sub-district.

This one hasn't jumped, I have 2 nephews that play, I'm just stating facts...

This one hasn't jumped, I have 2 nephews that play, I'm just stating facts...

 

Let's hope your nephew's don't share your lack of commitment to our team as it will show on the field if they do. I'm sure that your nephew's have worked hard during those hot sweaty Summer practices and have weathered the cold rain with the rest of the boys! Don't jump yet!! They need your support!!!!!! Our season is far from over.

This one hasn't jumped, I have 2 nephews that play, I'm just stating facts...

 

Facts???? The defense (which one of your nephews plays on) is garbage?? Is that a fact? That is what you said the other night in the update thread. Rockcastle County had gone to two state finals games and won numerous other titles running the exact same scheme. When the players commit to actually running the scheme and not getting on their own page, it will work. They have to trust it. It is comments like the one that you made that filters down to players and makes them believe that there is a better way to play than what they are being taught. That makes them break rank and costs a defense no matter what the scheme. When you played at Cawood they ran a 5-3, cover three most of the time. What if the safety had decided to run to the box on play action because someone had been telling him to give run support? The middle of the field would have been wide open. That is how kids work. Dad tells the QB that he's not moving in the pocket enough, then on Friday night he starts scrambling when there is no need and creates a sack for the defense. Cousin Joe tells the d-line that chopping is stupid or garbage and he doesn't do his job, he stands up and gets blown off the ball. All that stuff does is undermine coaches. If you want to be the defensive coach of a high school football team, get in college, get your degree in education and apply for a job.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.