Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

It made its way in

Featured Replies

YUCK!!!! The flu came to our house. Both of our kids have it. Its nasty. I have disinfected everything they have touched, laundry is non stop. It all started yesterday with my son. I thought he had strept and took him to the Dr. and they said nope you have the case of the flu on your hands. He said its mild and they could get it again. They are supposed to get their flu shots on Saturday. Pray we make it through it b/c they are miserable. FF and I don't have it ( knock on wood) yet. But I hope we don't get it.

Edited by MrsFairFan

Good Luck. I've had it one time in my life and sure don't want it again.

Poor things. Tell them that we hope they get better soon!! Kisses to the kids (and you)!

Nothing worse than an early bout with the FLU!!! Good Luck and Stay Healthy.

I started with a fever and headache yesterday. Feel a little better today though. Flu shot comes next week.

  • Author
I started with a fever and headache yesterday. Feel a little better today though. Flu shot comes next week.

 

They said its going to bad this year. It scares me.

I got a flu shot for the first time ever last week. I sure hope they work!

Hope everyone gets better MrsFanFair!

I had it the last weekend of September, it was awful. Good luck to you, lots of rest.

I hope they are feeling better. I woke up with it Saturday morning and was in bed most of the weekend.

:DI just read this thread and called my Doctors office I get my shot this Thursday .:D

I got my flu shot two weeks ago. I always get one because I have asthma. However, this year the shot made me feel like crap the next day. It has never happend but I had a headache and a fever the day after the shot. Anyone else ever experience that?

  • Author
I got my flu shot two weeks ago. I always get one because I have asthma. However, this year the shot made me feel like crap the next day. It has never happend but I had a headache and a fever the day after the shot. Anyone else ever experience that?

 

We do sometimes have that icky feeling. Our Dr. tells us that mild flu symptoms can show up after the shot.

Sorry to hear MrsFF. Hope they get better soon.

 

I am not sure if I have ever gotten the flu (knock on wood). I usually get strep throat once a year or so but other than that pretty lucky.

We do sometimes have that icky feeling. Our Dr. tells us that mild flu symptoms can show up after the shot.

 

That's what my Dr. said. Afterall, aren't they putting the flu virus in your body??

That's what my Dr. said. Afterall, aren't they putting the flu virus in your body??
Not exactly. They're putting a killed form of the virus. Your body recognizes the virus and starts to make antibodies to protect you from it.

 

The reason you get a little sick feeling sometimes is because of the body going into "defense" mode against the virus. Most of the symptoms you feel with the "real" flu are really just these body defenses in action. But since the virus is dead, you don't get the full-blown effect.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.