Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?

Featured Replies

IF I remember that year correct, we were a 34 - 33 loss, and an inch short on a 2 point PAT, to Owensboro Catholic from advancing to the state championship game.

 

You guys beat us fair and square, we had a couple key injuries and a freshman QB. Williamsburg went 12-0, couple close games with Lynn Camp, then lost to Pikeville in the Region championship. I believe coach Jewell didn't have to fight or beg real hard for a job.

 

Not by season's end he didn't, but at the time things weren't looking to good for Corbin. If I remember correctly they started out like 1-4 or 1-5 that season then hit stride late in district competition. Which can say a lot for how a tough schedule helps you when it really counts, but at the time he wasn't looking to secure in his job after the wburg loss.

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How does a Friday night High School football game benefit communities 40 apart? If you say fans in seats, most teams we play, other than district, bring quite a few fans anyway.

 

When you play say LCA or Bethlehem do they bring a big crowd?

 

Plus there is a lot of people who aren't really Corbin or Bell fans that will come watch that game. I would think it would have 1 of Corbin's 2 maybe 3 biggest non-playoff crowds of the year just guessing.

 

Ive been giving you guys a hard time, but I like most of the people from Corbin Ive met and wish we could see each other atleast one more time a year. From what I can tell most fans agree with me and not you that they would like to see this game played.

  • Author
When you play say LCA or Bethlehem do they bring a big crowd?

 

Plus there is a lot of people who aren't really Corbin or Bell fans that will come watch that game. I would think it would have 1 of Corbin's 2 maybe 3 biggest non-playoff crowds of the year just guessing.

 

Ive been giving you guys a hard time, but I like most of the people from Corbin Ive met and wish we could see each other atleast one more time a year. From what I can tell most fans agree with me and not you that they would like to see this game played.

 

I would like to see the game played again.............if the situation was different. But I understand and respect coach Jewell's standpoint on this.

I would like to see the game played again.............if the situation was different. But I understand and respect coach Jewell's standpoint on this.

 

As an outsider looking in and not knowing the situation... can someone explain to me why Coach Jewell does not want to schedule Bell?

I'm guessing that he will stay at least until his son and nephew graduate, and they are 8th graders.
He will be here for a while not just for his son he loves Corbinfootball Steve Jewall is what Corbin needs and Dudley is what Bell needs.But I don;t see them playing for a looong time.
Not by season's end he didn't, but at the time things weren't looking to good for Corbin. If I remember correctly they started out like 1-4 or 1-5 that season then hit stride late in district competition. Which can say a lot for how a tough schedule helps you when it really counts, but at the time he wasn't looking to secure in his job after the wburg loss.
His job has never been in jeapordy not that year not any so don't go there cause you an't got a clue about that.
When you play say LCA or Bethlehem do they bring a big crowd?

 

Plus there is a lot of people who aren't really Corbin or Bell fans that will come watch that game. I would think it would have 1 of Corbin's 2 maybe 3 biggest non-playoff crowds of the year just guessing.

 

Ive been giving you guys a hard time, but I like most of the people from Corbin Ive met and wish we could see each other atleast one more time a year. From what I can tell most fans agree with me and not you that they would like to see this game played.

 

LCA has brought a good crowd both times they have played at Corbin and it seems as though Bethlehem had a good following as well. I'm sure that that a Bell Co. game though would bring more fans.

Also, as an outsider looking in, why not play? These two teams playing is what HS football is all about. Talk, Hype, Rivalry, Excitement, 2 powerhouse teams, Bragging rights, Gate $ etc. I am yet to read any legitimate reason for not playing. I would drive to either place to watch as would many others. Play the game!

I haven't a clue to answer this question, I am not real familiar with either program. However, the old saying goes "if it don't kill you, it only makes you stronger", no better way to prepare for the playoffs than the atmosphere of a big time rivalry game. I think they should just play the game and have both teams benefit from the valuable experience they each get. One game, win or lose, don't make a season.

It's almost unanimous. The enrollment issue has been proven to be a myth. Corbin fans have talked more than Bell fans about why they should play.

 

Does anyone see a reason they shouldn't play besides the coach doesn't want to?

  • Author
It's almost unanimous. The enrollment issue has been proven to be a myth. Corbin fans have talked more than Bell fans about why they should play.

 

Does anyone see a reason they shouldn't play besides the coach doesn't want to?

 

There never was an issue with enrollment. I have brought that up ONLY because some Bell fans and others ask why we, a 2A school, play a couple of 1A teams. So I was curious why a 4A school (Bell) wanted to play a 2A school (Corbin).

 

Yeah, the coach doesn't want to play Bell.....but, there is more to it that makes him not want to play which I will not discuss here or in a PM, so don't bother. I am not that close to coach Jewell but I do talk with him on occasion. I am sure there is more than what he has told me.

 

The main reason I started this thread was because of the unreal number of "hijacked" Corbin threads by a couple of Bell Co. fans and being bombarded with PMs from a few Bell fans basically making fun of our program and cursing me. I have, since this thread started, even had what could be considered a threat.

 

Bell never filled our visiting stands, and we never filled theirs. A few of the games were fun to watch but a lot of them were not in doubt, no matter who won.

 

I could give a rat's rear end one way or the other. As I said earlier, I respect Coach Jewell's decision.

It just seems like Corbin looks worse in this debate than before the thread started.

It just seems like Corbin looks worse in this debate than before the thread started.

 

 

I don't think any of the Corbin fans are too concerned with how we look, unless your talking about how we look on the field. In the past I have been very vocal about this game, and I still would like the game to be played. However, after speaking with those in the know, and knowing the kind of man Coach Jewell is I 100 percent respect his decision not to play. There is nothing we as fans can do except move on, which is what the majority of Corbin supporters have done.

 

People have and will hang it on Coach Jewell as the reason this game isn't being played today, and sure he does have alot to do with it. But what most people don't know is what Dudley did to make it this way. Had Dudley kept his mouth shut and shown just a bit of class, Bell Co. would still be penciled in on the schedule. But, we can argue about this forever, and it will not change anything.

I don't think any of the Corbin fans are too concerned with how we look, unless your talking about how we look on the field. In the past I have been very vocal about this game, and I still would like the game to be played. However, after speaking with those in the know, and knowing the kind of man Coach Jewell is I 100 percent respect his decision not to play. There is nothing we as fans can do except move on, which is what the majority of Corbin supporters have done.

 

People have and will hang it on Coach Jewell as the reason this game isn't being played today, and sure he does have alot to do with it. But what most people don't know is what Dudley did to make it this way. Had Dudley kept his mouth shut and shown just a bit of class, Bell Co. would still be penciled in on the schedule. But, we can argue about this forever, and it will not change anything.

 

 

I have no idea what he has said. No doubt he is OUTSPOKEN to say the least. IMO, all the more reason to take it to the field. :thumb:

I don't think any of the Corbin fans are too concerned with how we look, unless your talking about how we look on the field. In the past I have been very vocal about this game, and I still would like the game to be played. However, after speaking with those in the know, and knowing the kind of man Coach Jewell is I 100 percent respect his decision not to play. There is nothing we as fans can do except move on, which is what the majority of Corbin supporters have done.

 

People have and will hang it on Coach Jewell as the reason this game isn't being played today, and sure he does have alot to do with it. But what most people don't know is what Dudley did to make it this way. Had Dudley kept his mouth shut and shown just a bit of class, Bell Co. would still be penciled in on the schedule. But, we can argue about this forever, and it will not change anything.

 

I would love to know what he said. Give the Bell Co fans the insight we would love to know. I guarantee Coach Adams wouldn't have dropped Bell Co. not matter what Dudley said.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.