Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Why Does Bell want to play Corbin SOOO Bad?

Featured Replies

I would love to know what he said. Give the Bell Co fans the insight we would love to know. I guarantee Coach Adams wouldn't have dropped Bell Co. not matter what Dudley said.

 

Agreed. Cotton would have played not matter what was said.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

  • Replies 61
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to know what he said. Give the Bell Co fans the insight we would love to know. I guarantee Coach Adams wouldn't have dropped Bell Co. not matter what Dudley said.

 

I'm behind Coach Jewell, he's the coach and not Coach Adams. Stick to your guns coach and don't play Bell Co.

I'm behind Coach Jewell, he's the coach and not Coach Adams. Stick to your guns coach and don't play Bell Co.

 

That will be fine Coach Adams won a state title and Coach Jewell won't. Playing good competition will only make you better. I believe Corbin in 1982 lost 4 regular season games and won the title by playing teams like Henry Clay, Danville who was 3A at the time and a few others. You Corbin people will know who else it was I can't remember.

That will be fine Coach Adams won a state title and Coach Jewell won't. Playing good competition will only make you better. I believe Corbin in 1982 lost 4 regular season games and won the title by playing teams like Henry Clay, Danville who was 3A at the time and a few others. You Corbin people will know who else it was I can't remember.

 

I suppose you have a crystal ball? Our schedule is tough, and only time will tell if Coach Jewell will bring home a state title . . . it is not beyond the realm of possibility in my opinion.

I suppose you have a crystal ball? Our schedule is tough, and only time will tell if Coach Jewell will bring home a state title . . . it is not beyond the realm of possibility in my opinion.

 

I respect you opinion and everybody has one I just wish that Bell and Corbin would play each other it was a great rivalry between two local powerhouses.

I suppose you have a crystal ball? Our schedule is tough, and only time will tell if Coach Jewell will bring home a state title . . . it is not beyond the realm of possibility in my opinion.

 

You have no one on your schedule as good as Bell Co.

There never was an issue with enrollment. I have brought that up ONLY because some Bell fans and others ask why we, a 2A school, play a couple of 1A teams. So I was curious why a 4A school (Bell) wanted to play a 2A school (Corbin).

 

Yeah, the coach doesn't want to play Bell.....but, there is more to it that makes him not want to play which I will not discuss here or in a PM, so don't bother. I am not that close to coach Jewell but I do talk with him on occasion. I am sure there is more than what he has told me.

 

The main reason I started this thread was because of the unreal number of "hijacked" Corbin threads by a couple of Bell Co. fans and being bombarded with PMs from a few Bell fans basically making fun of our program and cursing me. I have, since this thread started, even had what could be considered a threat.

 

Bell never filled our visiting stands, and we never filled theirs. A few of the games were fun to watch but a lot of them were not in doubt, no matter who won.

 

I could give a rat's rear end one way or the other. As I said earlier, I respect Coach Jewell's decision.

 

I'll just go on record and saying I have never PM'ed you, cursed you or threatened you. :lol:

 

Also to get on here and say that Coach Hilton showed no class without any explanation about the situation is laughable. If your going to make a comment like that I believe it should be backed up with facts. Also I disagree with you on the stands. I have seen the Corbin and Bell visitor's side filled before.

That will be fine Coach Adams won a state title and Coach Jewell won't. Playing good competition will only make you better. I believe Corbin in 1982 lost 4 regular season games and won the title by playing teams like Henry Clay, Danville who was 3A at the time and a few others. You Corbin people will know who else it was I can't remember.

 

Not to take anything away from the '82 Corbin team that won the state but they got hot at the right time and were fortunate that Boyle had upset Somerset in the District by 1 point and kept the Briarjumpers out of the playoffs. (That was the same Somerset team that defeated Corbin in the regular season and was one of the best teams I've seen not to win a state title)

 

As to Danville, they played AAA but were really A in enrollment those years.

You have no one on your schedule as good as Bell Co.

 

Naturally you would think that since you're a Bell County fan. As a Corbin fan, I think we play a tough schedule---and yes, competition comparable to Bell. And by the way, no one is arguing that Bell County is good, so is Corbin. The arguement stems from the fact that we no longer play. While I only know bits and pieces of what actually transpired to end the contest I simply choose to defer to Coach Jewell and his decision not to play Bell. He must feel that there are very valid reasons for not scheduling the Bobcats. He is the Head Coach and does make the scheduling decisions ---- and if Dudley Hilton remains the head coach it probably isn't going to happen any time soon. It is a waste of time and energy to keep going back and forth with it. Trust that it is not because we are afraid, nothing could be further from the truth. We just need to move on.:thumb:

You have no one on your schedule as good as Bell Co.

 

The way some fans and coaches act at football games, it may come to the point were the fans have to stay at home during one of these heated rivalries. I would rather not play certain teams because of that, and or schedule teams further away to avoid it. I would like to see Corbin play Johnson Central to maybe avoid the trash talk and the hot heads. Parents, fans, and coaches need to grow up.

I believe Corbin fans should look at this as a compliment. Bell doesn't want to travel and they want a better regular season schedule. Corbin is the answer every year, Middlesboro ever so often. Corbin is the quality team that quality teams should be playing each year. It only keeps each other better.

Naturally you would think that since you're a Bell County fan. As a Corbin fan, I think we play a tough schedule---and yes, competition comparable to Bell. And by the way, no one is arguing that Bell County is good, so is Corbin. The arguement stems from the fact that we no longer play. While I only know bits and pieces of what actually transpired to end the contest I simply choose to defer to Coach Jewell and his decision not to play Bell. He must feel that there are very valid reasons for not scheduling the Bobcats. He is the Head Coach and does make the scheduling decisions ---- and if Dudley Hilton remains the head coach it probably isn't going to happen any time soon. It is a waste of time and energy to keep going back and forth with it. Trust that it is not because we are afraid, nothing could be further from the truth. We just need to move on.:thumb:

 

Who? I am really not seeing it looking at your schedule.

 

At the same time this year Bell plays probably no one who is on the same level as Corbin. Unless Tates Creek comes along. I believe when Bell scheduled Tates Creek they expected it to be a better opponent, although it was a very tough game last year.

  • Author
I'll just go on record and saying I have never PM'ed you, cursed you or threatened you. :lol:

 

Also to get on here and say that Coach Hilton showed no class without any explanation about the situation is laughable. If your going to make a comment like that I believe it should be backed up with facts. Also I disagree with you on the stands. I have seen the Corbin and Bell visitor's side filled before.

 

I'll go on record and say there are more Bell fans here, and that I have been pm'ed by more than one. Not sure what is so :lol: about that.

  • Author
Who? I am really not seeing it looking at your schedule.

 

At the same time this year Bell plays probably no one who is on the same level as Corbin. Unless Tates Creek comes along. I believe when Bell scheduled Tates Creek they expected it to be a better opponent, although it was a very tough game last year.

 

I was looking at Bell's schedule and was curious why they don't have any local rival games any longer, other than district games.

Are you kidding? CORBIN AND MIDDLESBORO DROPPED US!!!!!!:creepy:

 

Next year we will start another...Harlan County.

Edited by mtn mafi

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.