October 15, 200817 yr Arizona is the best easily IMO. Boldin, Fitzgerald, and the emergence of Breaston. Not to mention Hope (TE) as a good short yardage target. Second would have to be the Cowboys with Owens, Williams, and Witten. Crayton is pretty good too but not as good as the Cardinals core. The Saints WOULD be up there but they have too many injuries right now so I have them on hold for the moment.
October 15, 200817 yr BTW, is it "Core" or "Corp"??? lolActually it's corps. U.S. Marine Corps, press corps, bugle corps, corps of engineers .... The p and s are silent. Origin is Old French from Latin corpus or corpse meaning body. U.S. Marines are a body of men; therefore a corps. :creepy: I took Word Origins as an elective in college. Why? I have no idea. :banana:
October 15, 200817 yr Author Actually it's corps. U.S. Marine Corps, press corps, bugle corps, corps of engineers .... The p and s are silent. Origin is Old French from Latin corpus or corpse meaning body. U.S. Marines are a body of men; therefore a corps. :creepy: I took Word Origins as an elective in college. Why? I have no idea. :banana: Thank you swamp. I knew it didn't sound right. Do you have the power to change a thread title? If so, would you change 'core' to 'corps'? Thanks. And if you are not able to, would a mod do that for me? Thanks.
October 15, 200817 yr Thank you swamp. I knew it didn't sound right. Do you have the power to change a thread title? If so, would you change 'core' to 'corps'? Thanks. And if you are not able to, would a mod do that for me? Thanks.Done deal.
October 15, 200817 yr 1. Colts- Wayne and Harrison are superstars, Clark is one of the best pass catching TE's, and Gonzalez is an excellent option as well. 2. Cardinals- Boldin and Fitzgerald are both Top 10 receivers in the league, Breaston has emerged as a playmaker as well. 3. Cowboys- If Williams immediately steps in and makes an impact they would definately be #2, and potentially #1. TO is Top 10, Witten is THE best receiving TE, Crayton is consistent. 4. Saints- When healthy this unit is pretty daggone good with Colston, Meachum, Henderson, and Shockey... as well as the pass catching ability of Bush who has became more of a receiver than a RB. 5. Broncos- Marshall and Royal, plus a good TE in Schefler.
October 15, 200817 yr I'm not a big fan of Randle el and Moss. Moss hasn't had a 1,000 yard season since 05 and Randle El has never had one. I'm not crazy aobut that group either. They have a good young group coming up. To me Cooley is the best of all of them on that team. The Chargers are another team with some talent in Gates, Chambers+ Jackson. Not in the top group but not bad. The Eagles also have some speed there.
October 15, 200817 yr And I still don't consider them a top notch receiving core. You also didn't put the Colts on your list, and that's a no brainer, IMO.
October 15, 200817 yr Arizona is the best easily IMO. Boldin, Fitzgerald, and the emergence of Breaston. Not to mention Hope (TE) as a good short yardage target. Second would have to be the Cowboys with Owens, Williams, and Witten. Crayton is pretty good too but not as good as the Cardinals core. The Saints WOULD be up there but they have too many injuries right now so I have them on hold for the moment. I definitely agree with your #1 WR corps. The Cardinals are LOADED! They even beat Dallas without Boldin! I think Indy would be #2 with Harrison, Wayne, Clark, etc.
October 15, 200817 yr I say the Colts when fully healthy......Marvin, Reggie Wayne, Gonzalez, Clark, and even Addai is a good passing catching RB
October 15, 200817 yr You also didn't put the Colts on your list, and that's a no brainer, IMO. Only if Harrison can continue to play at a high level. He hasn't played great all year, just for one game.
October 15, 200817 yr I honestly think the Bengals should still be in the top 5. They're maybe not putting up the stats this year, but that could also be a little bit of Carson just flat out not throwing to Chad. T.J. is putting up decent stats, but could be better if Chad got the ball more to open T.J. up. Then with Chris Henry back, he is possibly the Bengals most talented receiver, and still just needs a little bit after his time off. Also, they have Utecht at TE which isn't great, but I would say he is a little above average as a receiving TE. However, having virtually no run game probably doesn't help either.. I would put Top 5: 1.Cowboys 2.Colts 3.Cardinals --Each of these 3 could possibly interchange, however, I give cowboys the edge over the other 2 with arguably the best receiver in Owens, maybe the best TE in Witten, a solid WR in Crayton and now adding Roy Williams to the mix is like having to #1 receivers. I also think the Colts get a little edge on Cardinals because of Clark at TE who's one of the best. 4.Saints 5.Bengals
October 16, 200817 yr Patiorts should be in the top 5. If Brady was playing this year, we would be saying they are #1.
October 16, 200817 yr Patiorts should be in the top 5. If Brady was playing this year, we would be saying they are #1. Whether Brady is playing or not there's no way they're #1.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.