KY Yearbook top Players in the 10th Region

I hate that statement. Should UF had been #1 in preseason basketball polls last year after graduating 5 starters from the champs the year before? I know Mason has got some guys back and they may be a top 10 team but that doesn't mean they should be ranked first in the region. Should they be ranked in front of Scott County this year in the state "until someone knocks them off?"[/quote]

By their reasoning ...I guess so....:lol: I guess GRC should have been ranked #1 in the region going into last season....I didn't see anyone posting that last year.

Not Having Hatton or Downing on here makes this list lose alot of credibility. They are both clear cut top ten players in my mind.

I agree, the 10th region review lost credibility with alot of people. If a true Mason poster as yourself can see it, imagine what others in the state are thinking.

It really doesn't make sense that they have Mason County as the top team in the Region, yet they only have one player in the top ten.

They both can't be true. If they are truely the top team, then they most likely would have at least two players in the top ten. If not, then they shouldn't be ranked #1 and GRC should.

fieldhousekrayzie21 I really appreciate your open mindness in this matter, and I agree with your posts.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Hatton from Clark, Nearl from Campbell, and they're teams are ranked 2nd and 3rd in the poll. I watched Mason's Freshman beat Deming's last year witht the two King twins. Kyle is a nice player and will get better, but is not a top five guard in the region.

There are players that made the all region team last year as underclassman and now aren't in the top ten. This is obviously not a coaches vote, in fact I have already heard some coaches laughing at these rankings. I have seen all the players in the tenth on multiple times and am very surprised to see some names omitted on here.

I forgot about Nearl... How could he not be in the top 10???

I haven't seen Zollo, so I'll put him on the list on reputation, with the understanding that he will probably move up as he gets his feet wet in the 10th.

1. Middleton

2. Rash

3. Stenzel

4. Gligorevic

5. Albrecht

6. Zollo

7. Nearl

8. Hatton

9. Mofford

10. Downing

I haven't seen Zollo, so I'll put him on the list on reputation, with the understanding that he will probably move up as he gets his feet wet in the 10th.

1. Middleton

2. Rash

3. Stenzel

4. Gligorevic

5. Albrecht

6. Zollo

7. Nearl

8. Hatton

9. Mofford

10. Downing

Glad to see Nikola get recgonized, he has worked his tail off the last 3 years.

Clark County will be a very solid team in both the region and to the teams across the state but until they beat Mason County then they should be just a close behind in the region until they go head to head and if they beat the Royals then they should be at the top. Clark County has Stenzel which is a great player and scary to be a sophomore. Yes they have Zollo, but we have no clue what this kid will be like playing Kentucky basketball style and that is not to take credit away, just not proven and solely going on being a Kentucky recruit and I will be the first to give him his due respect once he plays the game over here. Outside of that, GRC really has no exceptional standout players. Hatton is a very good complimentary player but I really don't see much separation from Mason County as far as talent. When I say separation from one another, there are players on both squads that will be introduced to more prominent roles for their respective teams. GRC's freshmen class is no separation from Mason County. As I have stated it will be fun to watch, but as some on here from Winchester have built their team up, one would think they have already punched their ticket to Rupp and I guess we will have to see. As far as the season pans out, we don't know but I can safely say the two will be in the mix come the postseason. If Clark goes the distance, then I will say great job. As far as an earlier statement from the proudest fan from GRC that GRC should have been ranked 1 this past year preseason just because they won the region two years ago, well looks like most people knew what they were talking about when they put Mason on top, translate Kentucky State Champs! I will also close by saying Campbell County will be dangerous and they deserve more respect than they are given.

Clark County will be a very solid team in both the region and to the teams across the state but until they beat Mason County then they should be just a close behind in the region until they go head to head and if they beat the Royals then they should be at the top. Clark County has Stenzel which is a great player and scary to be a sophomore. Yes they have Zollo, but we have no clue what this kid will be like playing Kentucky basketball style and that is not to take credit away, just not proven and solely going on being a Kentucky recruit and I will be the first to give him his due respect once he plays the game over here. Outside of that, GRC really has no exceptional standout players. Hatton is a very good complimentary player but I really don't see much separation from Mason County as far as talent. When I say separation from one another, there are players on both squads that will be introduced to more prominent roles for their respective teams. GRC's freshmen class is no separation from Mason County. As I have stated it will be fun to watch, but as some on here from Winchester have built their team up, one would think they have already punched their ticket to Rupp and I guess we will have to see. As far as the season pans out, we don't know but I can safely say the two will be in the mix come the postseason. If Clark goes the distance, then I will say great job. As far as an earlier statement from the proudest fan from GRC that GRC should have been ranked 1 this past year preseason just because they won the region two years ago, well looks like most people knew what they were talking about when they put Mason on top, translate Kentucky State Champs! I will also close by saying Campbell County will be dangerous and they deserve more respect than they are given.

:thumb:

:sleep:

Glad to see Nikola get recgonized, he has worked his tail off the last 3 years.

Agreed SirMixAlot. I too believe Scott should be ranked ahead of Campbell. They did beat them in the district championship, and untill some one knocks them off in the district there is no reason they should be behind Campbell. Just like everyone is saying with Mason Co. Only fair right guys? Anyways, lots of players on here who didn't get recognized. Rieger, Nerl, etc. Shoud be a fun year to watch in the 10th! Top 5 teams could all compete against each other very well! Season officially starts in 6 days! We'll just have to wait around and see what happens!:thumb:

1. Russ Middleton.. Mason Co

2. Robbie Stenzel..GRC

3. Vinny Zolo..GRC

4. Chris Mofford ..Agusta

5.Petey Albrecht Campbell Co

6. Kyle King..Deming

7. Kyle Campbell..Nicholas Co

8. Brandon Rush ..Montgomery Co

9. Nikola Gligorevic..Scott

10. Joe Flannigan..Calvary Christian

There are two of the best in the region not on this list:

Hatton from GRC

Downing from Mason Co

Rash and Gligerevic I would have at 4 and 5.

Whoever made this list is on par with Bolus imo...[/quote]

Agreed SirMixAlot. I too believe Scott should be ranked ahead of Campbell. They did beat them in the district championship, and untill some one knocks them off in the district there is no reason they should be behind Campbell. Just like everyone is saying with Mason Co. Only fair right guys? Anyways, lots of players on here who didn't get recognized. Rieger, Nerl, etc. Shoud be a fun year to watch in the 10th! Top 5 teams could all compete against each other very well! Season officially starts in 6 days! We'll just have to wait around and see what happens!:thumb:

Good point.:thumb: And if we go by that reasoning, then Montgomery Co should be ranked #2....that is how they finished in the regional tourney last year.

Also all of those that are ranking Scott Co #1 in the state this year, should be ranking Mason Co #1... according to this reasoning.....:lol:

Edited by gold sunrise

Mason County will reload, but Clark County is already LOADED.

They have talent and depth, and have a lot more than just Stenzel and Zollo,

Purvis and Rodgers are going to be dominating sophomores.

I don't have to see the train to know its coming.

Clark County wins the 10th this year

1. Russ Middleton.. Mason Co

2. Robbie Stenzel..GRC

3. Vinny Zolo..GRC

4. Chris Mofford ..Agusta

5.Petey Albrecht Campbell Co

6. Kyle King..Deming

7. Kyle Campbell..Nicholas Co

8. Brandon Rush ..Montgomery Co

9. Nikola Gligorevic..Scott

10. Joe Flannigan..Calvary Christian

There are two of the best in the region not on this list:

Hatton from GRC

Downing from Mason Co

Rash and Gligerevic I would have at 4 and 5.

Whoever made this list is on par with Bolus imo...[/quote]

Good point.:thumb: And if we go by that reasoning, then Montgomery Co should be ranked #2....that is how they finished in the regional tourney last year.

Also all of those that are ranking Scott Co #1 in the state this year, should be ranking Mason Co #1... according to this reasoning.....:lol:

GoldSunrise, I will agree with you on one thing, your Cards will be ranked first in the 40th District. :laugh:

No Hatton from Clark, Nearl from Campbell, and they're teams are ranked 2nd and 3rd in the poll. I watched Mason's Freshman beat Deming's last year witht the two King twins. Kyle is a nice player and will get better, but is not a top five guard in the region.

There are players that made the all region team last year as underclassman and now aren't in the top ten. This is obviously not a coaches vote, in fact I have already heard some coaches laughing at these rankings. I have seen all the players in the tenth on multiple times and am very surprised to see some names omitted on here.

Small schools can have good players also,and everybody has an opinion.Kyle Campbell from Nicholas Co.is also and excellent player. Coaches vote for the All-Region Team and most of these players were on it. Mason County's team last year was very good and will continue to be very good and you can probably go ahead and state they will win the 10th region in 2011,but that shouldn't taken away form the other really good players that are in the 10th region. I have looked on Khsaa stats and looks like Kyle Campbell,Kyle King,Luke King had some pretty impressive numbers last year,I will say they will again put up some impressive numbers. Time will tell

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #5

No doubt those players can play. It's not always about how many points you score, etc.

As you can see from other posts some of the players that weren't in the top ten are continuously talked about not being on there. It just seems if some of these players that are mentioned are better than the omitted, they're team would be more of a threat in the region. Good luck to all the players, and as was stated before it is all talk anyway.

I am a fan of the small school, my son attended one of the smallest.