6. Kyle King..Deming

7. Kyle Campbell..Nicholas Co

8. Brandon Rush ..Montgomery Co

9. Nikola Gligorevic..Scott

10. Joe Flannigan..Calvary Christian

There are two of the best in the region not on this list:

Hatton from GRC

Downing from Mason Co

Rash and Gligerevic I would have at 4 and 5.

Whoever made this list is on par with Bolus imo...

How can the 3rd ranked team in the region not have their best player in the top ten?:confused: Nerl is explosive offensively and one of the stingiest defenders you can find with his length. The kid was born to play this game. Unfortunatly he doesn't get the respect he deserves.:mad:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can the 3rd ranked team in the region not have their best player in the top ten?:confused: Nerl is explosive offensively and one of the stingiest defenders you can find with his length. The kid was born to play this game. Unfortunatly he doesn't get the respect he deserves.:mad:

You guys are still "new" to the region. Add that to the fact that you're 40 minutes at least from most schools in the region. Out of sight out of mind. If the Camels are as good as what I'm hearing, that respect will come soon enough. Good luck!

It really doesn't make sense that they have Mason County as the top team in the Region, yet they only have one player in the top ten.

They both can't be true. If they are truely the top team, then they most likely would have at least two players in the top ten. If not, then they shouldn't be ranked #1 and GRC should.

I don't see any inconsistency at all. Mason has only one legitimate top ten player - Middleton. No one else is really close. The fact that the team is listed as number 1 is a testament to their system. Outstanding system, superior coaching.

The biggest shock is Middleton being number one. He might not be the best player on his team IMO. Zollo is a top 50 in the country in his class. He is undoubtebly number one in the 10th. And while Im at it, Clark Co. should also undoubtedly be preseason number one, and probably top five in the state. By the way, is Hatton the kid that can shoot? Just trying to put a name with a face.

No one on Mason Co is close to Middleton. He is a complete player. Whether he is number 1 in the region could be debated. The fact that he is hands down the best player on the Mason Co team is indesputable.

00003364-constrain-280x400.jpeg
Vinny Zollo

Nice article on Vinny in the Winchester Sun.

Friday October 24, 2008

Home, sweet home

By Keith Taylor

It didn’t take long for Vinny Zollo to notice the difference between Kentucky and Ohio.

“Everything is basketball around here,” Zollo. “I really like that a lot. When it’s basketball time, everybody is totally focused on that. Back home it was more football-oriented. Here, everyone supports their teams and I’m looking forward to that.”

Zollo, a sophomore at George Rogers Clark, transferred from McClain High School in Greenfield, Ohio, last summer and likes his new surroundings, especially the excitement surrounding his favorite sport.

“Everybody is so hyped about the season,” he said. “There have been a lot of expectations (placed) on the team, which is good for us.”

Aside from the fact that he’s a newcomer to the region, he’s a player who will receive plenty of attention during the next three years. Zollo, 6-foot-8 and 235 pounds, verbally committed to play basketball at the University of Kentucky last spring and has been the center of attention since making his new home in Winchester.

“I really like it a lot,” he said. “It’s way bigger than my old hometown, but yet it still has a small-town feel. Everybody has been extremely nice to me. Clark County is great.

http://www.winchestersun.com/public_html/?module=displaystory&story_id=16345&format=html

• 2 weeks later...
I agree and so do college coaches. Travis Purvis has already been offered a scholarship by Morehead State, and he did not start last year. He has gown to 6'7 and had a great summer with AAU.....where alot of players get noticed.

The transfer guard is Christian Brewer, I have been told he can shoot lights out. Yes I am really looking forward to basketball season this year.:thumb:

Wow alot of transfers drawn the big city of Winchester????

1 Mason

2 GRC

3 Campbell

4 Scott

5 Montgomery

6 Bishop

7 Pendelton

8 Deming

9 Harrison

10 Augusta

Bishop Brossart is better than number 6 in the region. They are definitely going to make a run. After only losing 1 starter last year I think they are a top 3 team. And I have to agree with striker. Rieger is by far top 5 in the region.

Bishop Brossart is better than number 6 in the region. They are definitely going to make a run. After only losing 1 starter last year I think they are a top 3 team. And I have to agree with striker. Rieger is by far top 5 in the region.

Make your case...how do you see them above Scott, CC and Montgomery Co?

I don't think they beat Scott or Camp Co in district play last year and both of those schools return just as many starters and key contributors as BB. Mont Co also returns some talent off a pretty good team last year.

I agree and so do college coaches. Travis Purvis has already been offered a scholarship by Morehead State, and he did not start last year. He has gown to 6'7 and had a great summer with AAU.....where alot of players get noticed.

The transfer guard is Christian Brewer, I have been told he can shoot lights out. Yes I am really looking forward to basketball season this year.:thumb:

Gold Sunrise, we agree on lots of things but are you positive that Purvis is 6'7? I stood beside him as recently as October and he looked more of 6'4 maybe 6'5. He might grow to 6'7 but right now are you sure he is already there? BTW congrats to him on the schlorship. Also is the Brewer kid the one from Powell Co?

Gold Sunrise, we agree on lots of things but are you positive that Purvis is 6'7? I stood beside him as recently as October and he looked more of 6'4 maybe 6'5. He might grow to 6'7 but right now are you sure he is already there? BTW congrats to him on the schlorship. Also is the Brewer kid the one from Powell Co?

There is no way you stood by Pervis as recently as October and thought him to be 6'4 unless you mistake him for somebody else. He is legit 6'7, at worst 6'6. And yes Christian is from Powell Co.

There is no way you stood by Pervis as recently as October and thought him to be 6'4 unless you mistake him for somebody else. He is legit 6'7, at worst 6'6. And yes Christian is from Powell Co.

Travis has grown this summer, Thanks GRC4LIFE in supporting his height.

Also thanks for the congrats on the scholly for him sackmaster....he has really worked hard this past summer.

What is the status on Cody? Will he return for basketball season or wait for baseball?

What is the status on Cody? Will he return for basketball season or wait for baseball?

Right now his main concern is healing 100%. I'm not sure if we will see Cody on the hardwood this year, i don't think he is sure if he will either. If he waits for baseball it will cerently be understandable and he would have the full support from everyone. Also he wanted me to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers.