Western Kentucky Top Ten

FC

Someone, WestKY I believe, started this out a few weeks ago, but I haven’t seen a new thread for a while.

Who are the top ten Western Kentucky Schools broken down by small and large schools?

Small Schools (1A-3A):

1. Fort Campbell

2. Green County

3. Russellville

4. Monroe County

5. Owensboro Catholic

6. Crittenden County

7. Mayfield

8. Trigg County

9. Paducah Tilghman

10. McLean County

Large Schools (4A-6A):

1. Bowling Green

2. Owensboro

3. Christian County

4. Daviess County

5. Lone Oak

6. Franklin-Simpson

7. Graves County

8. Calloway County

9. Henderson County

10. Hopkinsville

Small

1. Fort Campbell

2. Green County

3. Monroe County

4. Owensboro Catholic

5. Trigg County

6. Crittenden County

7. Mayfield

8. Murray

9. Caldwell County

10. Union County

Big

1. Owensboro

2. Bowling Green

3. Christian County

4. Daviess County

5. Henderson County

6. Hopkinsville

7. Lone Oak

8. Franklin-Simpson

9. Graves County

10. Calloway County

FC ans Westsider,

What happened to John Hardin, I thought that they were going to be Bowling Green best competition this year?

I didn't consider Hardin County as Western Kentucky. It's like the age old question: Which came first the chicken..... What is or is not considered "West Kentucky"

That's probably right in the literal sense, but I think what skews the perception is the position of Lexington for one. I think a lot wouldn't think of Winchester as being Eastern Kentucky, and they certainly don't think of any of Fayette County as being Western Kentucky.

Here is KY divided into 3 equal portions (distance wise from east to west).

Wouldn't that put Owensboro in West Kentucky and Owensboro Catholic in Central Kentucky? :confused:

I guess OCHS gets left out of the poll too. :D

I didn't say this meant any thing. Just thought it would help with perception.

Thanks for the perspective woodsrider. Since I have to drive 130 miles east from Paducah to Bowling Green, I've often wondered why it's called Western Kentucky University as opposed to Southern Ky.:D

Growing up in Bowling Green it was commonly said on WBKO that we are in south central Kentucky. I guess because Bowling Green High seems to come out of the "west" side of the bracket it is considered western Kentucky by some. I live in Boyle County now and when I say Bowling Green is south central Kentucky they call me crazy and say Bowling Green is in western Kentucky, like the university, but I say the same thing that a previous poster mentioned, that it is an hour and a half to Hoptown and almost 3 hours to Paducah. I am always partial to Bowling Green being known as south central myself.