Job Hunting, again.

newarkcatholicfan

I currently work for SCHWAN'S (Tony’s pizza) FOOD.

Yesterday a manager called me an off the record he said that Nov. 9th would be our last day of work. They, the company will let every in the depot in Franklin County go plus they will let the merchandiser go. I replied I had already known this was coming, an inside source had told me to prepare for it. The off the record caller also told me that the salesmen in the area, who all made over 60,000 last year on commission would be put on salary getting only 35,000-40,000 a year plus they will be required to work 6-7 days a week up to 12 hours or more a day.

I have a great lead on a job that has not been posted yet, another inside source, so to speak. If this comes to be please keep the good wishes coming my way.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I currently work for SCHWAN'S (Tony’s pizza) FOOD.

Yesterday a manager called me an off the record he said that Nov. 9th would be our last day of work. They, the company will let every in the depot in Franklin County go plus they will let the merchandiser go. I replied I had already known this was coming, an inside source had told me to prepare for it. The off the record caller also told me that the salesmen in the area, who all made over 60,000 last year on commission would be put on salary getting only 35,000-40,000 a year plus they will be required to work 6-7 days a week up to 12 hours or more a day.

I have a great lead on a job that has not been posted yet, another inside source, so to speak. If this comes to be please keep the good wishes coming my way.

How many will lose jobs in the area?

How many will lose jobs in the area?
Seven or eight I believe. I was told 3 of the four salesmen are currently looking for another jon because of the huge pay cut they are facing.

The off the record caller said whatthey, the company are hoping is they can bring in all new workers for about 1/2 of the pay they are paying now. This comes off a record year in sales.

I know you have to work, but rather than staying with Schwan's, I would look for a job where you are not punished for excelling. This sounds like the company I work for. In the last 4 years, our commission structure has changed 3 times. Each time to the benefit of the company, of course.

Don't mean to call you out NCF, so answer if you wish, but what type of qualifications do you have?

This is not a great time to be looking for a job. At least you got a 'heads up'.

I have managed fast food (McDonalds)

Worked in factories

Merchandiser for two different companies

Walmart(turned down going into the Ast. Mgr program

Worked for two different companies where I installed and handled all ends of the accounts.

Seven or eight I believe. I was told 3 of the four salesmen are currently looking for another jon because of the huge pay cut they are facing.

The off the record caller said whatthey, the company are hoping is they can bring in all new workers for about 1/2 of the pay they are paying now. This comes off a record year in sales.

Cant stand it when companies do this, and many are. I would think at $60,000 per year you had guys working hard and making a lot of sales. Cutting the pay and/or forcing the higher paid guys out, you lose the ones working so hard. Replacements arent likely to work as hard with long hours and shorter pay. You get what you pay for.

With the way things are now for the salesmen they are ask to do 12=14 stores a day, if not more. They are not getting to them and they are doing their orders from home a lot more than they were in the past. What happens is stores are going a week or so without service, they are rejecting more oders than they have in the past and to hurt the salemen more the stores are taking space from them.

When the new system hits it will be worse for the stores and the salesmen.

I would hate working a commission based job. In todays economy you need stability and security.

I worked straight commission for 7 yrs and recently left after my company restricted their lending guidelines so much that they were starving everyone out who made decent money. In the past 3 yrs they went through 90 Mortgage officers only to have 33 left. Most of those are newbies who don't know anybetter and are just happy to have a job because they were let go somewhere else.

I am currently looking for an outside sales job and have some nice solid leads. With 11 yrs experience and the past 7 doing straight commission I am certainly looking into something with a solid base salary but also commissions. The way the economy is going it will be tough to sell anything in the next 18-24 months.

I have found that most jobs are found through networking and not posting on Monster or theladders.

Goodluck newarkcath in your search. Keep us posted.

I have found that most jobs are found through networking and not posting on Monster or theladders.

So true........most placement firms will tell you that 80% of all jobs are landed by networking.

Sounds like you have developed contacts through out your career so continue to tap into them.

Good Luck!