65 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Newport
    • NewCath

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Newport stop the NCC run game. NCC will completely dominate the game on the ground. I don't agree with the huge numbers that some have posted, but the Breds will put up points in the 30's. Kues being out has nothing to do with the fact that the NCC Defense will shut down Newport.

NCC 35

Newport 14

Sophomore Jake Cain and Sr. Ben Parr. The good news is that both have seen the field a ton this year. Parr is their leading receiver, and Cain has worked in as Nickleback and a little as OLB. That should help w/ the nervousness, however, Kues will be very hard to replace. NewCath, I'd imagine, will dial it down a notch and play it very close to the vest. The Fireman's Bell is great and all, but it's not the end goal. Getting Kues rested and healthy will be huge in advancing to the state championship.

About everybody on the planet will pick New Cath for this game. For the Breds to have any chance to win State this year, they will need Kues at QB. I don't know what is wrong with him, but he needs to sit out until he heals. If this happens, this game may be interesting. But, we will see how good the Breds are without their starting QB. Newport has nothing to lose in this game. They will have no pressure on them. The Cats need to key on Kelly running the ball and pressure the QB. Newport needs to play hard and play smart the entire game. And if, New Cath puts a whooping on the Cats, the players need to show good sportsmanship. Go Cats!

Can Newport stop the NCC run game. NCC will completely dominate the game on the ground. I don't agree with the huge numbers that some have posted, but the Breds will put up points in the 30's. Kues being out has nothing to do with the fact that the NCC Defense will shut down Newport.

NCC 35

Newport 14

I don't think Newport has stoped any one's run game yet this year so a don't think they will stop NCC. Kues being out has a lot to do with how Newport's Defence plays, they won't have to worry about Kues running with the ball and i don't know how or who the Qb will be for NCC but he better be ready the Cats will be after him. I don't think NCC Defense will shut Newport down completly, Newport will move the ball on the ground thats for sure.

I don't think Newport has stoped any one's run game yet this year so a don't think they will stop NCC. Kues being out has a lot to do with how Newport's Defence plays, they won't have to worry about Kues running with the ball and i don't know how or who the Qb will be for NCC but he better be ready the Cats will be after him. I don't think NCC Defense will shut Newport down completly, Newport will move the ball on the ground thats for sure.

Not if they can't throw the ball.

Even if Kues doesn't play Parr is more than capable of leading this team. He is a great athlete that has had some injury problems the last couple of years or he would be an even bigger part of this team than he is. Don't know a lot about the Cain kid but if he start over Parr then I'm sure NCC has no problems. Breds roll in this one with or without Kues.:dancingpa

Even if Kues doesn't play Parr is more than capable of leading this team. He is a great athlete that has had some injury problems the last couple of years or he would be an even bigger part of this team than he is. Don't know a lot about the Cain kid but if he start over Parr then I'm sure NCC has no problems. Breds roll in this one with or without Kues.:dancingpa

In my opinion, either one will work. Cain has been playing QB on JV. Parr, I believe hasn't played for a couple of years. Having Parr touch the ball on every play is enticing, but Cain is a pretty good athlete himself. Normally w/ a Sophomore you worry about nerves and inexperience, but Cain has as much time under center w/ the varsity as Parr does. Both have played extensively this year in other capacities. Either way you can't go wrong. Parr will make more plays, but Cain will make his share while getting game experience for next year. It's better to have 2 capable backups than none.

Kues has been released and is going to play sparingly Friday night.

Welcome to the BGP RKQB. IMO I'm not sure I would play Kues unless I needed to in this game. Granted this is for the "Firemen's Bell" and crazy things have happen in the best - I just believe I would let him play only if I needed him too.