Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trinity 36 St. Xavier 0 (Frosh)

Featured Replies

Holy cow! Awesome!!!!

Yikes! Any details as to how those wheels fell off? I had heard T got the cream of the CSAA crop and that X was lacking speed everywhere, but I never would have expected a score like this.

First freshman game I've been to in quite a while. I'm not a freshman football expert by any means, but this was every bit as one-sided as the score indicates. This is going to sound crazy, but I think the T freshmen defense hits harder (OK, maybe just as hard) than the varsity! They were relentless.

The Greenies showed two good quarterbacks, I thought, and their passing game moved the chains quite smartly. ST. X could never get any offensive momentum going while I was there (I left with about 8 minutes to go). I thought T was superior in pretty much all facets of the game, including their offensive scheme (if there is such a thing at the freshman level). A word to the wise: IMO there is not necessarily a correlation between frosh performance and varsity performance years later.

Nonetheless, it was a pleasant evening at Marshall Stadium for Shamrock fans, including two from Rice Lake, Wisconsin who were in attendance to watch their grandson and then to take in the varsity game tomorrow.

Yikes! Any details as to how those wheels fell off? I had heard T got the cream of the CSAA crop and that X was lacking speed everywhere, but I never would have expected a score like this.

 

Those wheels didn't fall off they were blown off! There was a noticable difference in speed and strength! It seemed that the Rocks had St. X's offense scouted perfectly. The spread offense by Trinity had the tigers confused and out of position all night. The T quarterback was under control and made great passes. The T defense flew to the ball. I was told this was one of thw best freshman teams T has ever had, and it showed. The crowd was awesome. Seemed like a full house! It was great to see some old friends from both catholic powers.Two down and two to go! GO ROCKS! #19!

I can't really express how impressive this victory is.

I can't really express how impressive this victory is.

 

RP

 

Awww go ahead and try.:thumb:

Yikes! Any details as to how those wheels fell off? I had heard T got the cream of the CSAA crop and that X was lacking speed everywhere, but I never would have expected a score like this.

 

This St.X class is one that comes along about every 7-8 years. They have help in front of them in the soph. class and if they get a good class behind them they will be ok.

^Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Baby Bengals.

 

They will improve.

 

In fact, I think last year's seniors at Trinity never beat St. X's seniors until the last game of their careers.

^Not exactly a ringing endorsement of the Baby Bengals.

 

They will improve.

 

In fact, I think last year's seniors at Trinity never beat St. X's seniors until the last game of their careers.

 

Didn't we see that on a shirt somewhere? (I just couldn't resist) ;)

How did they hit 36? Was there a fg involved or missed xps, etc?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.