"But Cubs fans NEVER bring up the curse!"

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Walk around Boston today with a Bucky Dent jersey on or a Bill Buckner jersey on. I hope your medical deductible is paid up.

I meant the Cubs fans didn't take it nearly as seriously. As for Buckner, most real Red Sox fans didn't blame him nearly as much as they did McNamara and Stanley.

You play 162 games, get through all the ups and downs of a season, get through injuries and a tough Brewers team.

In two games, it's over. Just unbelievable, no curses, no excuses, Dodgers are a better team. When does college basketball start?

Come on now. You obviously spent too much time in the Reds thread this year. :lol::lol: I admit it sure doesn't look good now, but it's not over.

Come on now. You obviously spent too much time in the Reds thread this year. :lol::lol: I admit it sure doesn't look good now, but it's not over.

Have the Cubs shown you anything that really makes you believe they have any shot at giving ticket holders of Game 4 a game to watch?

Have the Cubs shown you anything that really makes you believe they have any shot at giving ticket holders of Game 4 a game to watch?

Did Boston give their fans any hope down 3-0 against the Yankees in 2004?

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no! :lol:

What a classic scene. When I went to Three Rivers Stadium in 1990 to watch a Reds-Pirates series I got to see that played on the Jumbotron for 3 straight nights in the bottom of the 9th inning. :lol:

Did Boston give their fans any hope down 3-0 against the Yankees in 2004?

Boston may not have won a World Series, but at least they had been there in 75 and 86, had some kind of postseason success. While I didn't give them a chance to come back down 0-3, there was an "impending doom" feeling that started with the first pitch of Game 1 in Chicago.

How have the Cubs followed up a tough loss in Game 1? They have proceeded to make more errors than hits in Game 2 so far.