Rays 6 White Sox 4

Very Happy to hear this, I was sick of hearing in the Cubs game about how much the Sox fans got into the game against the Twins, but they couldn't understand why the Cubs fans were quiet. I was thinking, because the Sox are do or die in one game, at least the Cubs get 3 chances.:dancingpa

In spite of it being their first ever postseason game the stadium was still only 84% full. Much better than their regular season numbers but sad nonetheless.

Where did you get only 84% full, when I watched the game it looked about packed.

Where did you get only 84% full, when I watched the game it looked about packed.

From the boxscore, it was actually almost 85%:

Stadium: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL

Attendance: 35,041 (84.8% full)

Game Time: 3:10

Weather: indoors

Umpires: Home Plate - Joe West, First Base - C.B. Bucknor, Second Base - Ron Kulpa, Third Base - Jeff Kellogg

By comparison:

Stadium: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA

Attendance: 46,208 (106.2% full)

Game Time: 3:00

Weather: 62 degrees, partly cloudy

Wind: 14 mph

Umpires: Home Plate - Mark Wegner, First Base - Brian Runge, Second Base - Fieldin Culbreth, Third Base - Jim Joyce

From the boxscore, it was actually almost 85%:

Stadium: Tropicana Field, St. Petersburg, FL

Attendance: 35,041 (84.8% full)

Game Time: 3:10

Weather: indoors

Umpires: Home Plate - Joe West, First Base - C.B. Bucknor, Second Base - Ron Kulpa, Third Base - Jeff Kellogg

By comparison:

Stadium: Citizens Bank Park, Philadelphia, PA

Attendance: 46,208 (106.2% full)

Game Time: 3:00

Weather: 62 degrees, partly cloudy

Wind: 14 mph

Umpires: Home Plate - Mark Wegner, First Base - Brian Runge, Second Base - Fieldin Culbreth, Third Base - Jim Joyce

They said all day on ESPN radio that the game was a sale out. I wonder if the total capacity figures they have are wrong.

Those figures have to be wrong. 106.2% full??? I mean really...

I listened to the game on XM radio today for most of it and the announcers were also talking about it being a sale out or something to that nature..I dunno though, I guess everyone didn't show up.

Those figures have to be wrong. 106.2% full??? I mean really...

I listened to the game on XM radio today for most of it and the announcers were also talking about it being a sale out or something to that nature..I dunno though, I guess everyone didn't show up.

I can buy the 106.2 % full. Teams will always sell SRO tickets.