Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Same fan catches 3 historic homers

Featured Replies

I caught a Matt Williams HR in San Diego at the Q...threw it back tho

 

I caught a Matt Williams HR as well but it was in ST. Louis and I kept the ball.

No. Johnny Bench was my favorite when I was young. He came out and gave 3 kids sitting a few seats down from my baseballs. He didn't look any further past them. I was crushed!

Where were some of your seats when you caught the foul balls and HR's? I wonder is certain sections are notorious for getting foul balls/ HR's. I always wonder how people don't get hurt really bad more often at Major League parks!

Where were some of your seats when you caught the foul balls and HR's? I wonder is certain sections are notorious for getting foul balls/ HR's. I always wonder how people don't get hurt really bad more often at Major League parks!

All three of mine in Riverfront were down the 1st base line in the green seats. Two bounced off the plexi glass above, and one was a direct shot...

My dad caught an Otis Nixon foul ball when I was young. He didn't trust my glove in his face, so he pushed me to the side and caught it. His hand was swollen for days.

 

I was at a game a few years back against the Giants. I went to the concession stand between innings as the Giants were up to bat. I'm standing in line down the 1st base line when I see a group of people running full speed at me. I look down and see the ball. It bounces off the concrete wall of the concession stand and rolls right to me. I bend over and pick it up as a guy dives for the ball nearly taking my legs out from under me. The guy offerred me $20 for the ball, but I told him to keep it and buy a new shirt (diving on the concourse near a concession stand isn't the greatest idea). If I would have sold it to him, my buddies never would've believed my story.

 

I was at another game a few years back and sitting in the club seats behind home plate with my brother-in-law. There was a kid sitting in a wheelchair between the scout and club, or diamond and scout, seats with I would assume his father. A foul ball went back behind home plate, hit the concrete facade, and dropped down into the boy's lap. He had no clue the ball landed on his lap until his father nudged him on the shoulder and told him to look down. The kid was so excited.

Yep, had you been there, you'd have never had a chance!:p

 

 

Sure I would have. I would have just stuck my arm up about 5 ft and caught it. :lol:

Caught a foul ball. I got position, stayed low and wide, kept the others on my back, elevated, ripped it down with both hands, kept it to my chest, and cleared space with my elbows. Only contact Brandon Larsen made all day.:irked:

 

He didn't offer you a pack of Marlboro Red's for that ball?

Riverfront

1993

Reds vs. Marlins

A Marlin Outfielder threw a ball up to the stands in center field during warm-ups after my brother kept yelling at him, reminding him that they went to high school together. LOL

That's the best I can do...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.