4A Football

charlesw88

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Boyle has played a much tougher schedule than Bell. I don't have to see the two teams play to know that.

Then how do you know is better? Just b/c they have played a better schedule does not mean they are the best team. Hopefully come Semi's time we will see.

Then how do you know is better? Just b/c they have played a better schedule does not mean they are the best team. Hopefully come Semi's time we will see.
Maybe we will ... apparently I'm not the only one that thinks Boyle is the better team.

Unfortunatly the West is very weak. The winner of the East semi is the state champ.
I wouldn't totally overlook North Bullitt, who has already beaten Lafayette by a touchdown, just as Boyle did. And they could have home-field advantage until the finals.

I agree with you on North Bullitt Westsider.

I can remember a while back (1998) when Danville, Breathitt County, and undefeated Lexington Catholic, and Lawrence County was everyones choices to win it all in 2A. A western side team of Caldwell County won the game and the State Title over Danville.

There is a team that I believe can compete with Boyle, Bell, and Lex Cath. and that is North Bullitt. There are always suprises come playoff time. Who ever makes it out of the east side better not think they have already won the title, or they could be suprised.

The way Lone Oaks been scoring, you have to think they would have a shot..I know they were humbled by LC last year, but, I don't think there are any teams in 4a this year near as strong as that one was and getting that playoff and state experience can do nothing but help...They'll need to improve there defense, but, they can be pretty successful in a shootout type game...

Understand your point and don't necessarily disagree with you. But until they loose they should not be moved down.

The #1 spot doesn't "belong" to Bell Co.

This isn't professional boxing we're talking about. The #1 team holds the ranking only as long as a predominance of the participants believes they're the best team.

That can (and did) change based on weekly results.

Both teams OBVIOUSLY make an awesome case to be #1 in 4A. However, Boyle's schedule has been been very strong and with Boyle winning their games in great fashion makes them a legitimate #1! Boyle County is very deserving of being the top dog IMO and it would be hard to argue with that. As Fishhead pointed out earlier, keep in mind that these rankings don't matter come December. :D

Both teams OBVIOUSLY make an awesome case to be #1 in 4A. However, Boyle's schedule has been been very strong and with Boyle winning their games in great fashion makes them a legitimate #1! Boyle County is very deserving of being the top dog IMO and it would be hard to argue with that. As Fishhead pointed out earlier, keep in mind that these rankings don't matter come December. :D

I agree Boyle has played a good schedule, not great but good. Bell has played one that has lef a lot to be desired. But some of that comes from team in SE and EKY not wanting to play. Besides district opponents it seems that Sheldon Clark and Leslie were the only ones willing to play. Hopefully in the 09-10 scheduling some of the thought to be powers will step up and play. I think the game with Harlan Co. is a done deal, but they still have many open dates.