Trinity 13 St. Xavier 7 (JV)

Park1221

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the game was that T's offense played OK for a quarter (settled for 2 fgs instead of tds). Both teams shot themselves in the foot several times with turnovers. #2 for X ran really well. His injury late in the game was a big loss. I hope he is OK - any report??? T's defense came up huge when they had to. Inside the 10 yd line they were tough. I did not think #3 for T was that effective, in fact he was replaced in the 2nd half. Good start for PRIDE WEEK for the Rocks.

St.X definately shot themselves in the foot several times and a very poor decision to go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 29 on the first posession did not help. The deal breaker for the Tiger's was the fumble at the goal line recovered in the end zone by T after a very nice drive at the end of the first half.A touchdown there would have cut the lead to 13-7 at the half.Hard fought and hard hitting as usual. Very proud of the Tiger's defense for digging in after a rough start and probably out played T for the next 3 quartrers but came up short. I think Brohm should be the #1 QB after this game. T has a fine kicker that kept Hall from having any returns. Does he kick for the varsity?

St.X definately shot themselves in the foot several times and a very poor decision to go for it on 4th and 1 at their own 29 on the first posession did not help. The deal breaker for the Tiger's was the fumble at the goal line recovered in the end zone by T after a very nice drive at the end of the first half.A touchdown there would have cut the lead to 13-7 at the half.Hard fought and hard hitting as usual. Very proud of the Tiger's defense for digging in after a rough start and probably out played T for the next 3 quartrers but came up short. I think Brohm should be the #1 QB after this game. T has a fine kicker that kept Hall from having any returns. Does he kick for the varsity?

Te JV kicker for Trinity, Nick Robertson is the backup on Varsity. He is 6' 5" and really gets his leg in to it!

Congrats to the JV Rocks on a hard hitting, hard fought win! One down and three to go. Both teams had bright spots, but made critical mistakes at important times in the game. #3 for T runs hard, but had trouble holding onto the ball at times when fighting for extra yards. Kragthorpe looks to be the QB at varsity for the next two years. I really liked the athleticism of #2 for the Rocks. X had a good running back in #2. I hope he is ok. He went down with what appeared to be a knee injury on X's last drive. On defense, Trinity's #30, #31,#40, #49 and #90 seemed to stand out. in the red zone, both defenses settled in and played solid. Hats off to T's goal line stand and a great 3rd down call by Trinity's offense to get the 1st down on the last possession of the game to run the clock out and seal the victory. GO ROCKS! #19

Going for it inside your own 30 in the first quarter hurt. Defense played great for X. As for the QB situation I would give the edge to Leohnert. Brohm would make a great FB.