Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beechwood/CCH on FSN Thursday Night

Featured Replies

They quieted down nicely after the kickoff.

 

 

 

The "rainbow" (they were color coordinated) started shrinking at the end of the first quarter. By the start of the second half the student section was down to about six rows. They acted like typical CovCath kids. I've seen a lot worse.

 

What do you mean by this? Are you saying they behave worse than Highlands kids, or any other school for that matter?

  • Replies 48
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is always fun to watch. Usually a close nail biter along with awesome student sections. I cannot wait.

 

Awesome student sections or section? CCH and Beechwood's section's don't compare, the Colonel boys are fun to watch.

Awesome student sections or section? CCH and Beechwood's section's don't compare, the Colonel boys are fun to watch.

 

I totally agree but I love to see the comparison along with witty cheers, along with witty rebuttals.

Will this game be carried in North Carolina? :p

I'm positive that Beechwood would much rather have a W on the field than one in the stands. Shame this is what CovCath is now known for as it is simply a small sideshow compared to the grand event that takes place on the field. I will be rooting for Beechwood and couldn't care less about a student section. Go Tigers:thumb:

Edited by STRIKE3

I'm positive that Beechwood would much rather have a W on the field than one in the stands. Shame this is what CovCath is now known for as it is simply a small sideshow compared to the grand event that takes place on the field. I will be rooting for Beechwood and couldn't care less about a student section. Go Tigers:thumb:

 

Cov Cath is not necessarily KNOWN for this per-say. The colonels are known for spirit of their high quality athletic program, not necessarily the student section itself. They receive awards for their participation in the stands and I believe that is not only important for the players to look up and have extra motivation, but also an extra excitement for fans who actually DO like to watch the students every so often. When in Rupp Arena the people who were not associated with the school said it made their experience much better just watching them at halftime, and they received an award for sportsmanship. As much as you don't like them, they bring some good to different sports.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Cov Cath is not necessarily KNOWN for this per-say. The colonels are known for spirit of their high quality athletic program, not necessarily the student section itself. They receive awards for their participation in the stands and I believe that is not only important for the players to look up and have extra motivation, but also an extra excitement for fans who actually DO like to watch the students every so often. When in Rupp Arena the people who were not associated with the school said it made their experience much better just watching them at halftime, and they received an award for sportsmanship. As much as you don't like them, they bring some good to different sports.

 

Whatever makes you feel better.:D

I'm positive that Beechwood would much rather have a W on the field than one in the stands. Shame this is what CovCath is now known for as it is simply a small sideshow compared to the grand event that takes place on the field. I will be rooting for Beechwood and couldn't care less about a student section. Go Tigers:thumb:

I am SO with you on this!!!:dancingpa

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Whatever makes you feel better.:D

 

I'm really glad I got that off my chest. :cool:

I'm positive that Beechwood would much rather have a W on the field than one in the stands. Shame this is what CovCath is now known for as it is simply a small sideshow compared to the grand event that takes place on the field.

 

What CCH is known for?? CCH is THE pre-dominant athletic program in all of NKY...that is what they are known for.

 

In terms of football they are still consistently one of the top 3-4 teams in the area year in and out. The fact that they have a loyal fan base who can be somewhat creative certainly does not trump what they do on the field. It may draw extra attention, but if they weren't a top-level sports school you wouldn't hear a peep around the state about them.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote

Come on CCH, lets make it 5 years in a row over Beechwood.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited

Word on the street is that the Cov Cath boys have a big surprise up there sleeve for this game. ( the student section that is) And I for one cant wait to see what they bring to the table!
Are they staying for the whole game?:laugh:
What CCH is known for?? CCH is THE pre-dominant athletic program in all of NKY...that is what they are known for.

 

In terms of football they are still consistently one of the top 3-4 teams in the area year in and out. The fact that they have a loyal fan base who can be somewhat creative certainly does not trump what they do on the field. It may draw extra attention, but if they weren't a top-level sports school you wouldn't hear a peep around the state about them.

 

I wouldnt consider them the dominant athletic program in all of Nky. They are good and usually around the top, but Id say Highlands dominants football, Holmes dominants basketball, and baseball CovCath hasnt won a region in the last 4 years, they may have been in the finals but it doesnt mean anything unless you win the region in order to be called the most dominant in Nky. I just dont see where being the dominant athletic program in Nky falls into place?

I wouldnt consider them the dominant athletic program in all of Nky. They are good and usually around the top, but Id say Highlands dominants football, Holmes dominants basketball, and baseball CovCath hasnt won a region in the last 4 years, they may have been in the finals but it doesnt mean anything unless you win the region in order to be called the most dominant in Nky. I just dont see where being the dominant athletic program in Nky falls into place?

 

True, but CCH is around the top in all 3, unlike Holmes who is just basketball and Highlands who is mainly football. I will say that Highlands had a much better basketball team last year than they finished though.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying they behave worse than Highlands kids, or any other school for that matter?

 

Just that CovCath has a unique student section. (Based mostly on the makeup.) Don't take this wrong, but they seem to be as interested in themselves as they do in the game. Friday they were taking great joy in being seen and heard right up until the kickoff.

Typical kids. No better, no worse than anyone else I've ever encountered.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.