Whats going on with Danville?

GoBigRed

I had noticed that they got blown out by Boyle which I am guessing doesn't have a bad team this year but that big of a blowout? Doesn't seem like Danville football. Then they get beat by George Rogers Clark, which I don't mean to offend anybody but I haven't ever heard of as being a football giant. Is Danville suffering from some of the same attitude problems that Mayfield is? Whats the scoop here Danville folks? I am sure TitleTownClown or AdoptedAdmiral can shed some light on this for me.

Danville has played some tough games early. Boyle County is for real, with maybe the best D they have ever had including the Chuck Smith years. GRC has a nice team and had a huge numbers advantage over the Ads. Being a Briar Jumper I have no love for Danville at all, however I think Danville will be tough in 2A play. Come playoff time I don't think there are many teams that will want to play them from 2A.

I had noticed that they got blown out by Boyle which I am guessing doesn't have a bad team this year but that big of a blowout? Doesn't seem like Danville football. Then they get beat by George Rogers Clark, which I don't mean to offend anybody but I haven't ever heard of as being a football giant. Is Danville suffering from some of the same attitude problems that Mayfield is? Whats the scoop here Danville folks? I am sure TitleTownClown or AdoptedAdmiral can shed some light on this for me.

I don't think anything is wrong with Danville.

First of all, they have only lost two games and won two games. That is as much a result of their tough scheduling as anything.

The Ads defeated 5A Southwestern rather handily and took an undefeated 6A GRC team into OT only to lose by 3. Danville got beaten badly by a Boyle team that is playing its best football in at least 3 years if not 4. That game was tight until a big play in the 3rd Quarter and it snow balled from there.

I think the only thing that is wrong with Danville is that you probably don't have a very indepth perspective of their season that shows a better team than a cursory glance at a 2-2 record reveals.

Danville will be just fine.

I agree...Boyle Co is just that good and this is likely one of GRCs best ever teams and they are a 6a team with a decided #s advantage...The Swestern win was a good one...This probably isn't the most talented Admiral team but, they'll be just fine when 2a play rolls around...Same with Mayfield...Graves Co and GRC are probably on equal grounds and Boyle Co and Ft Campbell are, as well, so, I wouldn't worry too much about either team when it comes to playing in there respective classes...I don't think there will be too many teams looking forward to playing either in the playoffs...

The Admirals will be fine, coach Harp kind of gave them a gut/heart check last week, and I think those guys responded well. Luckily the 2 losses are non district games. I'm sure glad we don't have to play them again this season as they will be ready to take on just about anyone. Good luck Ads.

Edited by spindoc

We will know more about the Ads as the next 4 or 5 weeks play themselves out. The Bardstown and Washington Co. games will be big, as well as the season-ending game with Frankfort(they just don't like each other). Still, I don't think, from what I have heard, that they can be on the same field with Ft. Campbell..

First of all, they have lost to 2 very good teams.

FYI, GRC is one of the few non Jeff Co schools to ever win the biggest state championship (1991 I believe). Boyle County has really turned the corner and looks great right now. Remember that over the last decade not many programs in the state have been as solid as Boyle Co (how many state titles in a row did they win, 5 or 6?). And both are larger schools than Danville.

I have seen Danville play. They are playing a very tough schedule and trust me, they will make a nice run this postseason. They have a lot of team speed but sometimes on defense, get too agressive and get out of position. They are learning and with Coach Harp running the show, they will be just fine. :thumb:

I pretty much agree with most of the above posts. Both Boyle and GRC are very good teams this year and it is definitely no shame in losing to them. Personally, I'd rather see Danville at 2-2 after playing 4 strong teams than 4-0after playing 4 cupckakes. I fully expect the Ads to be in a position to make a run in the playoffs but Fort Campbell is probably the team to beat in 2A at this time. From what I've seen (and heard) of Danville so far this year, their biggest weakness is lack of imagination on offense when they are in tight games. Hopefully, this will improve with time.