Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee Co, VA 43 Harlan 0

Featured Replies

You weren't at a school with 250 students either. I think 25 to 30 players is a pretty good percentage in today's world.

 

I can't imagine anyone would have a problem with J.B. He's had plenty of players through the years with little or no skills who still stick with the program, and no one can identify players with little or no skills better than me.

 

How do you know where I went to school? Have you and Bayshore been stalking me again??:laugh:

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just throwing something out there people can scratch their heads forever trying to figure out why a kid wont play. But for some reason kids may not like his system or maybe even an assistant. Who knows.

How do you know where I went to school? Have you and Bayshore been stalking me again??:laugh:

 

 

I probably wasn't much more than 7 or 8 at the time, but I can remember.

I was just throwing something out there people can scratch their heads forever trying to figure out why a kid wont play. But for some reason kids may not like his system or maybe even an assistant. Who knows.

 

I've heard plenty of crazy reasons for not playing with parents blaming coaches, but I don't think that's the case at Harlan. High school football isn't for everybody.

 

None of the kids mentioned are in the same league as Royal Bargo, but you can't make them play. One of the problems with the some schools is that you have to do a lot of begging to get some kids out. Kids leave and come back and discipline is a mess.

I probably wasn't much more than 7 or 8 at the time, but I can remember.

 

HAHA!! 1000 comedians out of work and you're trying to be funny. Everyone knows that you drove my school bus!!:p

Cowboy- before you go out and try to down play what 11-14 year olds have done on the football field, remember that HHS is a class A school and in order to futher itself in playoff football it must beat simmilar size schools in its district and region. So to drive 100s of miles to Pineville,Williamsburg, Lynn Camp, Jenkins, and Middlesboro seems the right thing to do, unless you are saying that in order to check ones self you must first play the teams in Harlan Co, and that, and that alone somehow lets you know how you stand as a football program. BTW nobody that is part of the middle school program at HHS has ever stated that they expect this group to do anything more than win a district or two and maybe contend for a region, and if in your opinion that is putting a undue burden on these guys then guilty as charged.

Cowboy- before you go out and try to down play what 11-14 year olds have done on the football field, remember that HHS is a class A school and in order to futher itself in playoff football it must beat simmilar size schools in its district and region. So to drive 100s of miles to Pineville,Williamsburg, Lynn Camp, Jenkins, and Middlesboro seems the right thing to do, unless you are saying that in order to check ones self you must first play the teams in Harlan Co, and that, and that alone somehow lets you know how you stand as a football program. BTW nobody that is part of the middle school program at HHS has ever stated that they expect this group to do anything more than win a district or two and maybe contend for a region, and if in your opinion that is putting a undue burden on these guys then guilty as charged.

 

 

Bayshore--

 

You still can't argue the facts and you continue to dodge once again the point. answers the facts. Why down grade your schedule?(which Harlan has done) Is a 1-1 record with a win against pineville a success?(which is what Harlan is now) and Why not play the county teams?(which they refuse to do!) I am not down playing 11-14 year old kids who love the game of football because I am sure that they just want to play. I am down grading the powers to be who want to paint a false picture of what is the facts about Harlan football.

Edited by Ram

I was primarily expressing my frustrations regarding the HS team's lack of depth in this thread. As far as middle school football, I think they should play other county teams. I do not know why they don't. You should not pick and choose your competition. What are you teaching the kids? I have coached 5/6th football in the past. You could see a lot of fear in those young fellows eyes when you were playing the Patriots. That is very hard to coach out of them, but we never backed down! A lot of those same kids are key players for the Bears as we speak. Good luck guys. :thumb:

I was primarily expressing my frustrations regarding the HS team's lack of depth in this thread. As far as middle school football, I think they should play other county teams. I do not know why they don't. You should not pick and choose your competition. What are you teaching the kids? I have coached 5/6th football in the past. You could see a lot of fear in those young fellows eyes when you were playing the Patriots. That is very hard to coach out of them, but we never backed down! A lot of those same kids are key players for the Bears as we speak. Good luck guys. :thumb:

 

 

 

Hang around after practice and I'll let you know why we don't play. Its rather silly imo.

Hang around after practice and I'll let you know why we don't play. Its rather silly imo.

 

Just tell us on here so we will all know the reasons. :sssh:

Gayshore--

 

You still can't argue the facts and you continue to dodge once again the point. answers the facts. Why down grade your schedule?(which Harlan has done) Is a 1-1 record with a win against pineville a success?(which is what Harlan is now) and Why not play the county teams?(which they refuse to do!) I am not down playing 11-14 year old kids who love the game of football because I am sure that they just want to play. I am down grading the powers to be who want to paint a false picture of what is the facts about Harlan football.

 

 

 

You lose the argument by default when you get into personal attacks. It tells everyone else that you can't think of anything relevant to say.

 

Harlan doesn't mind playing Cumberland and Evarts, so it's not all the county schools. Harlan should play Pineville, Lynn Camp and most of the others on its schedule. I'd add New Harlan and Hazard, but I can understand why they don't in an effort to build some confidence after being down for a few years.

You lose the argument by default when you get into personal attacks. It tells everyone else that you can't think of anything relevant to say.

 

Harlan doesn't mind playing Cumberland and Evarts, so it's not all the county schools. Harlan should play Pineville, Lynn Camp and most of the others on its schedule. I'd add New Harlan and Hazard, but I can understand why they don't in an effort to build some confidence after being down for a few years.

 

Who did I personal attack? So does Harlan play Cumberland and Evarts? personally if I were in New Harlan I would not want to play Harlan. They are not in the same category as far as I can see and probably wouldn,t be much of a game for them as I hear. I hate to lose evne if by default though but I don't know anyone on hear to be personal attacking them. But thanks for keeping score HDE and I hope to read some good relevant information in tommorrow's black and white. Go BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps it was only a typo. I've done that a few times.

 

Harlan is as good or better than some of the teams on New Harlan's schedule.

Perhaps it was only a typo. I've done that a few times.

 

 

I doubt that HDE has had any typo. I'll catch him one of these days on Grammar, Punctuation, or Spelling. :D

Perhaps it was only a typo. I've done that a few times.

 

 

I doubt that HDE has had any typo. I'll catch him one of these days on Grammar, Punctuation, or Spelling. :D

 

If you catch him, let me know. I have been trying for years, lol.:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.