Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lee Co, VA 43 Harlan 0

Featured Replies

You can always use edit to correct a typo, but this was posted as a jab, but I can spar too.

  • Replies 70
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bayshore--

 

You still can't argue the facts and you continue to dodge once again the point. answers the facts. Why down grade your schedule?(which Harlan has done) Is a 1-1 record with a win against pineville a success?(which is what Harlan is now) and Why not play the county teams?(which they refuse to do!) I am not down playing 11-14 year old kids who love the game of football because I am sure that they just want to play. I am down grading the powers to be who want to paint a false picture of what is the facts about Harlan football.

 

Well, I guess a person could learn a lesson in playing up from the New Harlan schedule...

 

Cumberland

Evarts

Pennington Gap

Leslie County

 

I could be wrong, but out of their schedule, I'd only see the recent Letcher Central game and the Belfry ones as true tests. Knox County could be solid, but I haven't ever known of them to be.

Knox County handed New Harlan one of its two losses last year. They've become pretty solid. New Harlan is a 3A school by high school standards, so it's a good schedule, but not extraordinary.

That's great news to hear. From the outside looking in, it always seemed like they had lots of talent. Do they still play with 2 teams, or did they combine them?

I believe they have one team now.

New Harlan plays Knox Central twice this year and it is expected that they will compete with the New Harlan team as they did last year. The Pennington Gap team is up and down through the years but by the end of the year, in their down years, they always have gotten better and rose to be competive. And, last year's Pennington Gap had absolutely one of the best running backs in Virginia, and I think he was showing it last Friday night for Lee High as a freshman. He will be ranked in the state's best. New Harlan does play the county teams and Leslie County, but New Harlan plays Johnson Central as well. New Harlan plays Letcher Central who brought a game with them. New Harlan plays local and also they stray out there a bunch to play the bigger teams as well. You ought to come watch the New Harlan team play some of these big games Spaceghost, you will get your moneys worth. I've seen some big battles over the years, many wins and some losses.:ylsuper:

68 Issac, is that a "Grey Elephant" I see on the back of your boat?:flame:

Well, I guess a person could learn a lesson in playing up from the New Harlan schedule...

 

Cumberland

Evarts

Pennington Gap

Leslie County

 

I could be wrong, but out of their schedule, I'd only see the recent Letcher Central game and the Belfry ones as true tests. Knox County could be solid, but I haven't ever known of them to be.

 

They Also play Johnson Central. They would play Bell County but they took their ball and went home as well. I think any of the teams on the schedule could beat Harlan. I'm also curious about the players that came from Harlan that play major roles for the Bears. I'm not saying that they're not any but I just don't know who they are. What does Harlan's middle school schedule look like.

68 Issac, is that a "Grey Elephant" I see on the back of your boat?:flame:

 

225 horses movin' us to the next hole.:ylsuper:

Who did I personal attack? So does Harlan play Cumberland and Evarts? personally if I were in New Harlan I would not want to play Harlan. They are not in the same category as far as I can see and probably wouldn,t be much of a game for them as I hear. I hate to lose evne if by default though but I don't know anyone on hear to be personal attacking them. But thanks for keeping score HDE and I hope to read some good relevant information in tommorrow's black and white. Go BIG ORANGE!!!!!!!!!

 

I agree with the part about not playing the Green. I have said this over and over and I still stand by it. However, the people who make these decisions doesn't ask for my imput but I still have a hard time understanding the thinking. My reasons go deeper than w's and l's but I think it would be best for the county side to move away from them in all sports! I feel they have opened the door with football the last couple years and all sports should follow this example. Again, just my opinion and before anyone says it, I know it isn't worth much. lol

Just a thought, maybe some of these kids you mention don't like J.B. for some reason. Maybe he is too hard on them or maybe they don't think the same way. No ones fault some people just can't mesh. Someone brought up basketball in the 90's. I was at Cawood in that time and I know there were a lot of guys who were really good basketball players in middle school and p.e. class that didn't like cawoods basketball coach so they wouldn't play. Could have made them a lot better and the coach got to see the talent he was missing out on in p.e. almost everyday. Just a mystery I guess.

If they don't wanna play for Donahue just because they don't like him, then I don't believe they wouldn want to play anywhere else in the state. Donahue is a demanding coach, but the demands are to only make yourself and your team better, the concept of pretty much any coach. Football should be played out of pure passion and love for the game, not because you don't like the defense, offense, weight training, the coach.

As for the problems Harlan faces, I believe speed more so than anything is their biggest factor. Hensley, and Hensley alone is about the only Harlan has that runs a sub-4.8 forty. That's why I believe Harlan's secondary struggles, because in highschool, secondary mistakes are common, but Harlan's mistakes lead to TD's because they're unable to regain ground and catch the man with the ball.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

225 horses movin' us to the next hole.:ylsuper:

 

You wouldn't tell a fella where a good fishing hole is at would ya?

Harlan Middle School 7-8 40

Lynn Camp Middle 7-8 14

 

Big win for the Dragons six different players scored TDs- 1st Defense had a shutout, LC scored two TDs late in the fourth quarter. Maybe we are getting to where we may could play with some of the teams on N-Harlan's schedule.

Harlan Middle School 7-8 40

Lynn Camp Middle 7-8 14

 

Big win for the Dragons six different players scored TDs- 1st Defense had a shutout, LC scored two TDs late in the fourth quarter. Maybe we are getting to where we may could play with some of the teams on N-Harlan's schedule.

 

Maybe! And maybe if you had those 8-10 players back you would be good enough to do the Patriots Laundry after a game.

 

I can spar as well!

Don't need them just pointed out as to why things where the way they are. Oh yea Some of us have to work,and if you and Cowboy want to stop by my shop we might be able to settle our differances. PM if your interested

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.