Bye weeks

CURTIS LOWE

It all depends on who you talk too...some coaches and players like having the bye week to get some people healthy...especially if you have it later in the year. And some coaches and players are like you and don't like to have the season interrupted if they are playing well.

Down here in Mayfield...we hate the bye week...as we had a team we were supposed to play in week two drop out on us before last year's schedule so last year and this year we have an open date during the second week. So we get this week off and will play straight through the rest of the season. So needless to say we don't like the bye week...especially this year.

I think a bye week can be good from a rest standpoint. Raceland did let down last year before week three after being off week two. However, imo the reason we let down and didn't pick it back up until week 6 was injuries. We had 2 head injuries, 2 or 3 shoulder injuries and 1 ankle and 1 mono. Russell has their bye at the end of the season and I believe that is the best time to have one, before the playoffs. Ultimately, the kids just have to be ready when they blow the whistle, no matter the bye week or not.

Personally, I wish they would go back to the way it used to be with no buy week, but one week off between week 10 and the first playoff game.

And, I know you can do that now, but scheduling teams gets tricky and many teams have to use their buy week during the season, if it was not a choice coaches would not have to sacrifice it during the season.

Personally, I wish they would go back to the way it used to be with no buy week, but one week off between week 10 and the first playoff game.

And, I know you can do that now, but scheduling teams gets tricky and many teams have to use their buy week during the season, if it was not a choice coaches would not have to sacrifice it during the season.

This is where I would like the bye week the most.

This is where I would like the bye week the most.

I think a bye week can throw off the rhythm of a winning team before the playoffs but can help a weaker team that made it with more preparation time. It should probably be right in the middle of the season to provide a little break that players need and deserve. :thumb:

I don't like a bye week this early in the season. I do think that bye weeks can be very helpful late in the year, preferrably on the last week if it could be scheduled where you would have a bye week before a playoff game.

As for Raceland, I certainly don't like the bye week this early (2nd week), especially coming off a big win in our opener when we have momentum built up. Our players have to adapt though and get focused no matter when it is.

One other thing and imo maybe the best thing about a bye week late is it gives a team time to heal people that are banged up from the grind of a season and that still have the playoffs to go.