Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Pick

Who should be #1 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be #1

    • LT
      53%
      8
    • Peterson
      13%
      2
    • Westbrook
      6%
      1
    • Brady
      20%
      3
    • P. Manning
      0%
      0
    • S. Jackson
      6%
      1
    • Other (please specify)
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

:thumb:

LT has the ability to single-handedly win games for your fantasy team on a weekly basis.

 

He pretty much single handedly won me two straight fantasy titles.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AP has not played a full season since his freshman year at OK I believe

Based on my team last season, I would take Tom Brady. Just my opinion.

Brian Westbrook....IMO he may be the best overall player in the league.

Chargers are also without Michael Turner, that may have an effect on LT, who knows.

 

For all those saying that LT can win a week on his own, are you saying Peterson can not do the same?

 

Peterson is injury prone, and LT has established himself as the premier back in the NFL over the past 4 or so seasons.

 

I'm saying that LT will do it much more often than Peterson.

Brian Westbrook....IMO he may be the best overall player in the league.

 

Maybe, but not the best fantasy player. Especially if you're league gives you bonuses for certain plateus (i.e. 5 point bonus for 100+ yards, etc.)

 

Westbrook will get you solid points from the rushing game and the passing game. I had him a few years ago and he was very good; however, he is no match for LT on a weekly basis.

 

But, I'd recommend Westbook to somebody else if they're in my league too. ;)

I would take LT but Peterson wouldn't hurt you he should have a great year.

Maybe, but not the best fantasy player. Especially if you're league gives you bonuses for certain plateus (i.e. 5 point bonus for 100+ yards, etc.)

 

Westbrook will get you solid points from the rushing game and the passing game. I had him a few years ago and he was very good; however, he is no match for LT on a weekly basis.

 

But, I'd recommend Westbook to somebody else if they're in my league too. ;)

 

 

It depends on the scoring. If it's a PPR league, Westbrook is every bit as valuable as LT IMO.

I think Steven Jackson is going to have a big year. He was rated no worse than #3 last season and some magazines had him at #1 or 2...one season in which he was battling injury and everything that could go wrong in St. Louis did, and he's an afterthought.

 

I still look at his '06 stats...1528 rushing yards, 90 receptions for 806 yards, and 16 TD's (that's 2334 total yards and 16 TD). When healthy, he's the complete package of size, power, speed, and versatility.

 

Just a hunch...I could be wrong.

I think Steven Jackson is going to have a big year.

 

Just a hunch...

 

I hope so! :lol:

I hope so! :lol:

 

It's interesting that Adrian Peterson is in the discussion and often gets voted as the top guy and Steven Jackson is an afterthought.

 

Peterson missed two games with injury last year and hasn't played a full season since he was a freshman in college. In the last 4 games of 2007, Peterson had 182 total yards on 57 touches.

 

Jackson missed weeks 4-7, had 8 carries in week 8 and the Rams had a bye in week 9. From week 10 on, he was healthy. During that span he rushed for 728 yards (4.6 avg), had 205 yards receiving and scored 5 TD's.

 

Project his second half for a full season and you get 1866 total yards and 10 TD's. With Orlando Pace back, you have to think his numbers get a little boost.

 

I'm not criticizing any decision to pick Peterson ahead of Jackson. I understand why people like Peterson. I just don't see Jackson as a second tier guy. If he's healthy and everything around him doesn't fall apart, he can roll up yardage and points with the best.

  • Author

Just about everything I have read has Jackson as the #3 pick in the draft.

Just about everything I have read has Jackson as the #3 pick in the draft.

 

Everything I've seen has LT, AP and Westbrook as the top 3...

 

Addai is typically 4th...Jackson has ranged anywhere from 5 to 9.

Everything I've seen has LT, AP and Westbrook as the top 3...

 

Addai is typically 4th...Jackson has ranged anywhere from 5 to 9.

:thumb:

 

And I agree with what was said earlier, I'd take LT in a regular league but AP in a keeper league.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.