Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

#1 Pick

Who should be #1 15 members have voted

  1. 1. Who should be #1

    • LT
      53%
      8
    • Peterson
      13%
      2
    • Westbrook
      6%
      1
    • Brady
      20%
      3
    • P. Manning
      0%
      0
    • S. Jackson
      6%
      1
    • Other (please specify)
      0%
      0

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 46
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chargers are also without Michael Turner, that may have an effect on LT, who knows.

 

For all those saying that LT can win a week on his own, are you saying Peterson can not do the same?

 

Peterson definitely can. I'd draft LT because of his proven consistency. He's capable of the monster fantasy numbers, just like Peterson.

 

Here are the differences, as I see them...

 

1) Injuries. Peterson hasn't played a full season since he was a freshman at OU. Tomlinson has missed one regular season game since his rookie season in 2001.

2) Versatility. Tomlinson is a better receiver, meaning SD can get him in different ways. He's also thrown 7 TD passes in his career. Peterson is almost strictly a handoff guy.

 

3) With Tomlinson you get proven consistency...only two seasons under 1400 yards and none under 1200...his TD's since his rookie year = 10, 15, 17, 18, 20, 31, 18...Peterson scored 13 as a rookie.

 

4) Age and upside. We know what Tomlinson is. We also know that he's closing in on the big 3-0 which often begins the back end of a RB's career. Peterson is 23. We don't know what he's capable of just yet, but it looks like his ceiling is huge if he can stay healthy. It's a reasonable risk because the payoff could be huge.

 

5) Teams. I don't know that there is a huge difference in the teams in the sense that both have talent around them. Tomlinson is surrounded by a good o-line, a good QB and a good passing game. They score a lot and they get him the ball a lot. The Vikings don't have the passing game that SD does, but their o-line is very good, especially at run blocking. And, they'll feed him the ball. The biggest difference may not amount to anything, but of the two, SD is so good and their division is down, so they're more likely to have things wrapped up early with nothing to play for. Minnesota may be battling for a playoff berth down to the last week.

 

 

I can see both arguments. The upside for Peterson is so enticing...two games from 2007 make that point.

 

Week 6 @ Chicago - 20 carries, 224 yds, 3 TD

Week 9 vs. San Diego - 30 carries, 296 yds, 3 TD

 

...as a rookie.

  • Author

Draft is tonight. I guess LT is the man. My problem will be who will be left when the draft gets back to me.

Draft is tonight. I guess LT is the man. My problem will be who will be left when the draft gets back to me.

 

Hopefully two of the top 8 WR's and you're set.

  • Author
Hopefully two of the top 8 WR's and you're set.

 

I will get to pick back to back when it gets back to me. Should I go WR, RB, or look at a QB here?

I will get to pick back to back when it gets back to me. Should I go WR, RB, or look at a QB here?

 

Does your QB get 4 points for TD's and your RB's and WR's get 6? I wouldn't take a QB until after you have 2 of each unless they get 6 for passes. Maybe Brees or Romo, but it's still hard to go that early.

I will get to pick back to back when it gets back to me. Should I go WR, RB, or look at a QB here?

 

And I would only take anoother RB if it were Lynch or someone of that caliber. MJD, Barber, someone who gets the ball a lot and is young.

How did the draft go? Who did you take 1st?

LT, bookmark 18 TD's. I got him at #2, and I was extremely pleased.

  • Author
How did the draft go? Who did you take 1st?

 

RB- LT, Ryan Grant, Earnest Graham

QB- Delhomme, T. Jackson

WR- Fitzgerald, Bowe, Porter, V. Jackson

TE Witten

K- Bironas

We picked indidviual D guys 9 total.

I am pretty happy with it. I was thrown off by the D guys. Some were drafted early. Evidently they can rack up some points.

RB- LT, Ryan Grant, Earnest Graham

QB- Delhomme, T. Jackson

WR- Fitzgerald, Bowe, Porter, V. Jackson

TE Witten

K- Bironas

We picked indidviual D guys 9 total.

I am pretty happy with it. I was thrown off by the D guys. Some were drafted early. Evidently they can rack up some points.

 

I'd be totally lost if I had to draft defensive players.

  • Author
I'd be totally lost if I had to draft defensive players.

 

Actually, I had a cheat sheet with them on it. Also the website our league is on also had them ranked. We get points for tackles sacks and TOs. The only guy I have that I knew is Polamalu. Oh and I have no Bengals:thumb:

I would take Brady.

 

I took Brady first in my league but its a QB heavy league. We start 2 QB's, 2 RB's, a Flex player (WR or RB), TE, K, DEF.

 

As much as I hate the guy I know he will light it up this year with Welker and Moss.

Actually, I had a cheat sheet with them on it. Also the website our league is on also had them ranked. We get points for tackles sacks and TOs. The only guy I have that I knew is Polamalu. Oh and I have no Bengals:thumb:

 

You should have picked the Bengals safeties and corners...they'll probably get lots of tackles...:D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.