Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dick Vitale has CATS at #24

Featured Replies

I like Dickey V, but he can get annoying with the Duke and all-around ACC loving. But as far as the actual thread I hope they are that good I think they have the talent. :thumb:

  • Replies 68
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if there is anyone who cares more about the kids than Dicky V.

I don't know if there is anyone who cares more about the kids than Dicky V.

I agree.

I think he put them a little too high up on the list to be honest.

Dickie V. has ALWAYS loved UK and the CATS!!!

I think #24 is a good place for them.

I don't know if there is anyone who cares more about the kids than Dicky V.

 

That speaks more about him than anything to do with a basketball. :thumb:

With Liggins KY will be a top 25 team without him I don't think they will. I love Dicky V. but I didn't like the fact that he took up for Tubby so much.

Dickie V is an ex-coach. There a fraternity and they all stick together.

 

Unless they are are John Chaney & John Calipari :D

How quickly can you forget that he produced what was once considered the best class in the nation not so long ago? I'm not sure what you consider winning but a national championship, 26 wins a year, 5 SEC title's and 3 elite eights is pretty impressive if you ask me. Once again, Kentucky fans have unrealistic mind sets and expect a championship ever year. That will never happen.

 

Show me one UK fan that thinks that. UK fans do however have the expectation that the longest drought under one coach in school history for making the final four is unacceptable. If Tubby were so great, he would not have suffered through the last two years of his UK tenure with a 3rd year....and most likely an even worse year....on the horizon. He had no top recruits coming in. Say what you will about Patterson but PP never committed to OTS.

 

Fans of the lesser programs seem to like to put their expectations on UK. Not many programs have the ability to understand the lofty and acheivable expectations UK fans have. UNC fans get it for basketball, Ohio State, Michigan and a few others in football. Most fans have never rooted for a program with the decade after decade traditional success of a UK and a few other select programs. Heck, even UCLA with the 11 titles doesn't have UK tradition. They had a good run of about 12 years but not much else until recently under Lavin and now Howland. Hopefully that puts things in perspective but somehow I doubt you will understand my point out of bias towards UK and its fan base.

 

Have you been to Jon Scotts web site? It might open some eyes.

Show me one UK fan that thinks that. UK fans do however have the expectation that the longest drought under one coach in school history for making the final four is unacceptable. If Tubby were so great, he would not have suffered through the last two years of his UK tenure with a 3rd year....and most likely an even worse year....on the horizon. He had no top recruits coming in. Say what you will about Patterson but PP never committed to OTS.

 

Fans of the lesser programs seem to like to put their expectations on UK. Not many programs have the ability to understand the lofty and acheivable expectations UK fans have. UNC fans get it for basketball, Ohio State, Michigan and a few others in football. Most fans have never rooted for a program with the decade after decade traditional success of a UK and a few other select programs. Heck, even UCLA with the 11 titles doesn't have UK tradition. They had a good run of about 12 years but not much else until recently under Lavin and now Howland. Hopefully that puts things in perspective but somehow I doubt you will understand my point out of bias towards UK and its fan base.

 

Have you been to Jon Scotts web site? It might open some eyes.

 

Just so you know, I am a UK fan so this has nothing to do with not liking Kentucky of the fans of the University of Kentucky. Beleive me there are people out there who expect a championship every year whether you chose to admit it or not. You can't say that Patterson wouldn't have come to UK to play for Tubby. That's not even a arguement because you have no idea what he would have done. Neither do I. Neither does anyone. 263-83 is pretty impressive if you ask me. For the record, how many championships did Pitino have at UK? If UK has such tradition then anything except a national championship should be a failure.

That speaks more about him than anything to do with a basketball. :thumb:

 

But unfortunately it is basketball, so I'm afraid he's got to go.

But unfortunately it is basketball, so I'm afraid he's got to go.

 

Tell that to the Hall of Fame

Tell that to the Hall of Fame

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.