August 12, 200818 yr Could someone provide more information about Simpson? I'm unfamiliar, what school?, what position? He is a stud, this is a good pick up for the Cats.
August 12, 200818 yr Is Green officialy out? From what I have heard Greene is no longer a UK commitment...The Cats pulled his scholly.
August 12, 200818 yr As far as Samuel Simpson goes, all the credit needs to go to Chuck Smith and the job he did in recruiting this big offensive lineman.
August 12, 200818 yr As far as Samuel Simpson goes, all the credit needs to go to Chuck Smith and the job he did in recruiting this big offensive lineman. No doubt...Chuck Smith did a great job recruiting Simpson. He was allready close to the family, which I'm sure didn't hurt. When you have offers from the likes of Bama, Tennessee, Auburn, UVA, etc. family connections and relationships don't always win out. This time it did and props to Coach Smith...
August 12, 200818 yr Joker is tearing up the recruiting world, naming him the head coach in waiting was nearly as smart as naming him offensive co. a few years ago. Joker, IMO, is the reason for the success of the program the past couple of seasons. Every since he took over against UT a few years ago, it has been a different squad. I fully expect him to land Wilson and probably Finch too. Who is Wilson and Finch?
August 12, 200818 yr Who is Wilson and Finch? Ridge Wilson-3-Star LB/DE-Louisville Central Duece Finch-3-Star-RB-Louisville St. Xavier Both will be Cats imo...
August 12, 200818 yr Author This was a BIG pickup for the Cats. Going up against the SEC big boys and keeping the state's best talent is critical. Cats will also likely pick up Duece and Wilson right out of UofL's backyard. The tide has certainly turned between the state's two major programs
August 12, 200818 yr This was a BIG pickup for the Cats. Going up against the SEC big boys and keeping the state's best talent is critical. Cats will also likely pick up Duece and Wilson right out of UofL's backyard. The tide has certainly turned between the state's two major programs I wouldn't say that, just yet. UofL never recruits the state very well. Uk is the state school, and should get the better share of in state recruits. Joker is on fire though
August 12, 200818 yr I may have miscounted, but I count 29/99 KY boys on the current UL roster. Add the kids from IL, IN, OH, TN (at the very minimum, regional players), and the total grows to 44 players. I really don't think that indicates a lack of ability in recruiting our own "backyard" recently. 29 of the 44 are Freshman or Sophomores. Some of those may not be "scholarship" players, but they've made the roster, and I believe that that means they count in our "landed" recruits.
August 12, 200818 yr The tide has certainly turned between the state's two major programsYou've got 18 more days so make the most of it while it last.
August 13, 200818 yr Author Fair enough. Bottom line is that neither you nor I KNOW what is going to happen on August 31. There are simply too many ???'s for both teams.
August 13, 200818 yr Woo Hooo....:. Absolutely great pick up for the Cats......:dancingpa GO BIG BLUE!!!!!
August 13, 200818 yr 2 major recruits in the span of a week? Let me make sure the world is not ending... *looks outside* *clouds do not appear to be parting, seas not flowing with blood* *heads back to computer*WOHOOOOO!!!!!!! :ylsuper::ylsuper::ylsuper::dancingpa:dancingpa: :thumb::thumb::lol:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.