Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Patterson is Unreal Awful

Featured Replies

I know it's been practically been beat to death, but I was actually surprised when I saw just how bad Patterson's numbers are:

 

Since 5/21, he is 14 for 101 (.138 AVG). He has an impressive 4 RBI's, thanks in large part to his .133 RISP AVG. Unbelieveably, in that 101 AB's, he does not have a single BB. Not one. Of course, his big claim to fame was his base-stealing capabilities, which his 3 SB's in 5 chances since 5/21 would seem to belie. Of course, you can't steal bases when you're not on base . . . .

 

There's just no way you can't hold Dusty accountable for this Patterson fiasco and continuing to play him.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The really shocking thing is, his career numbers aren't much better. He is a lifetime .250 hitter and has never gotten a lot of walks.

 

There is a reason why he was still available when Spring Training started this year. Even if you want to give Dusty and the Reds the benefit of the doubt and say that needed a veteran CF until Bruce or whomever was ready, they are paying him how much!?!? :scared:

 

Just downright awful, I'm sure Patterson would have played if the Reds offered him 19.95 and a few free shamwows.

You guys are just bitter Cub fans ... :lol:

You guys are just bitter Cub fans ... :lol:

I'm not,,,,Patterson sucks. Has no business in the show. I wasn't a terrific Dusty fan, but now am not for sure. Send Patterson packing and give a AA kid a shot. Can't be worse. None of the "you suck" cliche's are even bad enough to fit him, you know,,,,couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat......couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle.......couldn't hit a beachball with a boat oar.....you get the picture.

It's incredible how bad Patterson really is.

 

The most frustrating part is that he hits a fly ball on the 1st pitch every time. It'd be different if he was hitting line drives or at least hustling out ground balls. Lazy fly balls are unacceptable, especially when you've got some speed.

With that said, I have been pleased with his defense the past couple of weeks.

You guys are just bitter Cub fans ... :lol:

 

Good one....

 

 

Why would we be bitter, he doesn't play for us anymore so I'm elated:dancingpa

I'm not,,,,Patterson sucks. Has no business in the show. I wasn't a terrific Dusty fan, but now am not for sure. Send Patterson packing and give a AA kid a shot. Can't be worse. None of the "you suck" cliche's are even bad enough to fit him, you know,,,,couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat......couldn't hit a bull in the butt with a base fiddle.......couldn't hit a beachball with a boat oar.....you get the picture.

 

How about...couldn't hit a cheerleader with a yard stick if he was stuck on an elevator with 26 of them...

How about...couldn't hit a cheerleader with a yard stick if he was stuck on an elevator with 26 of them...

That is an instant classic.

 

However, he wouldn't have gotten stuck. He'd have "flown out".:D

That is an instant classic.

 

However, he wouldn't have gotten stuck. He'd have "flown out".:D

Or struck out ...

So who plays Center?

 

And do you really think if Freel or Hop were healthy Patterson would be there?

 

I swear I've sat next to some of you at games before. Lol

So who plays Center?

 

And do you really think if Freel or Hop were healthy Patterson would be there?

 

I swear I've sat next to some of you at games before. Lol

Anyone. Flippin' Arroyo has a better chance of getting on the sacks, put him out there between starts, he already runs the bases when needed.

Oh, that was you I was sitting next to if you were the one with the Dusty Baker jersey on and your eyes closed.:cool:

His brother went to the A's as part of the Harden trade and has already got sent down by them.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.