August 6, 200818 yr Packers trade him to the Bucs....Bucs trade him to the Vikings. And thats all I got to say about that.
August 6, 200818 yr Packers trade him to the Bucs....Bucs trade him to the Vikings. And thats all I got to say about that. Now that would be a kick in the cheeseheads of Wisconsinites.
August 6, 200818 yr Packers trade him to the Bucs....Bucs trade him to the Vikings. And thats all I got to say about that. Mike Greenburg mentioned that this morning on the show, they talked about the Jets trying something like that. He then said there is an unspoken agreement among teams not to screw each other over in that way. With that said, even as a Bear fan, I would find that unbelievably hilarious.
August 6, 200818 yr The Packers will likley but some kind of clause in the trade that ups their return if Tampa trades him to a division rival. Example: They could put language in the contract that would state that in addition to what they already have agreed upon, if Tampa (or NY) turns around and trades Favre to an NFC North team then the Packers get Tampa's 2009 or 2010 first round pick, or both. Something along that lines...put a clause in there that makes it impossible for that to happen. And, if it does, then the Packers will get a huge return. If the Bucs really want Favre for their own team, they won't mind agreeing to those terms. I'd be surprised if the Packers don't do something like that.
August 6, 200818 yr I hope Farve is traded and goes to the Super Bowl beating the Packers on the way there. Why? This is a Farve created mess. I am a Packers fan because of Farve but this mess is on him.
August 6, 200818 yr ^ I'm sure that's why this is taking a little longer...The Packers want to make sure that if they trade him he will stay put where he is going!
August 6, 200818 yr The Packers will likley but some kind of clause in the trade that ups their return if Tampa trades him to a division rival. Example: They could put language in the contract that would state that in addition to what they already have agreed upon, if Tampa (or NY) turns around and trades Favre to an NFC North team then the Packers get Tampa's 2009 or 2010 first round pick, or both. Something along that lines...put a clause in there that makes it impossible for that to happen. And, if it does, then the Packers will get a huge return. If the Bucs really want Favre for their own team, they won't mind agreeing to those terms. I'd be surprised if the Packers don't do something like that. Bingo. That's probably part of what's taking so long. They won't let him back in the division.
August 7, 200818 yr My sister is a photog for the Trib, and she says that the whole staff is amped up...and it will be a big day, with or without Favre coming.
August 7, 200818 yr Jets offer a conditional 4th round pick for Favre... I read that around noon or so today...nothing real new..Said it would become a 2nd round pick if Favre performed at certain levels and stuff... Packers want a 3rd round pick and Brian Griese or another player from Tampa Bay.
August 7, 200818 yr Author I read that around noon or so today...nothing real new..Said it would become a 2nd round pick if Favre performed at certain levels and stuff... Packers want a 3rd round pick and Brian Griese or another player from Tampa Bay. Hadn't seen that one...Just said 3rd round and another player to be named.
August 7, 200818 yr Hadn't seen that one...Just said 3rd round and another player to be named. They may have removed him from the blog post...But at one point his name was on it..they may have since removed it.
August 7, 200818 yr I read that around noon or so today...nothing real new..Said it would become a 2nd round pick if Favre performed at certain levels and stuff... Packers want a 3rd round pick and Brian Griese or another player from Tampa Bay. Really? DEAL Where do we sign?
August 7, 200818 yr ^ I could be a conditional 3rd round pick..but even so it sorta sounds like if that was the case then Tampa Bay should jump at it!
August 7, 200818 yr My sister is a photog for the Trib, and she says that the whole staff is amped up...and it will be a big day, with or without Favre coming.On his show this afternoon, Steve Duemig (WDAE) and the guy who publishes the Pewter Report were describing the scene over at Disney as a zoo. Well over a hundred reporters and news crews everywhere. Bruce Allen was in New York today to meet with league officials. Why? When he got back to Orlando, he was mobbed by reporters, but silently slipped through. He ain't talking.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.