August 7, 200818 yr ^ I would expect this deal to be done by mid-morning tomorrow...Camps are dwindling down and Favre wants to be in a camp somewhere...He could wind up being at training camp tomorrow evening if he is traded to Tampa Bay.
August 7, 200818 yr Author http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-103/Packers-want-Griese--possible-second-round-pick.html Packers want Griese, possible second-round pick LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fl. -- We're now starting to get an idea of what the Packers want in terms of compensation for Brett Favre. ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is reporting the New York Jets have offered a fourth-round pick in 2009 that has the potential to turn into a second-round choice if certain performance standards are met by Favre and the team. Paolantonio also reports the Packers have told Bucs General Manager Bruce Allen that Green Bay would accept a third-round pick in 2009 that could turn into a second-round pick along with reserve quarterback Brian Griese.
August 7, 200818 yr ^ I could be a conditional 3rd round pick..but even so it sorta sounds like if that was the case then Tampa Bay should jump at it!bugatti and 5wide have it down. The compensation for the trade would be contigent on the Favres performance and where the Bucs finish. He gets hurt or Tampa Bay finishes out of the playoffs, the Pack get a #3 or worse. If they get to the Superbowl, the Bucs have to cough up a #1. In either case, there would be a player involved. Most likely Griese. If Favre can take the Bucs back to a Superbowl, they don't have to give up a #1 unless they got there, I'd make that deal in a minute.
August 7, 200818 yr http://myespn.go.com/blogs/nflnation/0-1-103/Packers-want-Griese--possible-second-round-pick.html Packers want Griese, possible second-round pick LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fl. -- We're now starting to get an idea of what the Packers want in terms of compensation for Brett Favre. ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is reporting the New York Jets have offered a fourth-round pick in 2009 that has the potential to turn into a second-round choice if certain performance standards are met by Favre and the team. Paolantonio also reports the Packers have told Bucs General Manager Bruce Allen that Green Bay would accept a third-round pick in 2009 that could turn into a second-round pick along with reserve quarterback Brian Griese. I could live with that as long as the Bucs get contingencies.
August 7, 200818 yr Seems to me the Packers kind of pushed Favre into announcing his retirement in March! From all accounts he was not 100% sure what he wanted to do! I am not saying he did or did not have enough time to make that decision! I am saying that if he asked for more time, he DESERVED to get it! This a bad situation for all involved, but Ted Thompson and the Packers could have handled it better! I will be glad when Brett gets where he is going! I will be ordering my new Favre jersey as soon as the deal is done!
August 7, 200818 yr Seems to me the Packers kind of pushed Favre into announcing his retirement in March! From all accounts he was not 100% sure what he wanted to do! I am not saying he did or did not have enough time to make that decision! I am saying that if he asked for more time, he DESERVED to get it! This a bad situation for all involved, but Ted Thompson and the Packers could have handled it better! I will be glad when Brett gets where he is going! I will be ordering my new Favre jersey as soon as the deal is done! Try looking at it from the other side too...Favre made a decision, the Packers, reportedly, even asked for him to return and he said he was ready to retire... As an organization they moved on and now Favre expected to come out of OFFICIAL retirement and expected everything to be back to normal.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.