Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Packers Give in: Brett Favre will be allowed to compete for starting QB spot!

Featured Replies

Heard on the radio this morning that GB told MIN that Favre is available.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This puts Brian in a pretty good spot, I feel. Aaron Rodgers hass to be blown away at this point, and it lets Brian just relax and learn, when his time comes, he'll be ready.

 

:thumb: I agree (and that is scary in itsef:lol:), I had said that Brohm was not going to start this season regardless so he will not be involved in any of the QB controversey. He could and will learn from either QB, just a lot more from Favre.

Again, if Favre stays. I am not so sure that the Pack will not trade him now although that imo would be a very stupid move. Another thing that still may be on the table is that he (Favre) has already agreed to take the marketing/retirement deal either very soon or after this season. Who knows?

 

I am huge Favre fan but this is getting old to me as well. I just want to see #4 behind center for the Packers or retired as a Packer not playing anywhere else. Not that he couldn't, just that it wouldn't seem right with Favre in any other jersey.

The real pressing question is this.......Will he cry when he re-retires?

 

:lol::lol:

Never thought we'd see Favre like this

Whatever happens with Brett Favre today, chances are it will only leave you more cynical.

The shame is that, in the not so distant past, Favre was the pure guy, the untouchable, the great teammate who played for the love of the game. Now he shows up in training camp having spent the last few days contemplating how much it would have cost the Packers to keep him retired.

 

 

Green Bay didn't meet his price. That doesn't mean he didn't have one, though.

 

And for most people, that's the real price of this maudlin play, starring Brett Favre as "Redneck Hamlet." He's gone from being an icon to just another superstar, another guy who, despite the most earnest proclamations, puts himself above the team.

 

You expected this from Manny Ramirez, who dogged his way out of Boston.

 

Or maybe Kobe Bryant, who demanded a trade after the Lakers didn't deal Andrew Bynum for Jason Kidd.

 

But Favre?

 

Yes, Favre. Turns out he's just another guy who held a franchise hostage. And of all people, Favre -- who made his non-retirement announcement an annual ritual -- should have known better.

 

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/wcStory?contentId=8375338#story=8410850

The whole situation has been handled poorly. I feel for Rogers but if he's the better QB then he'll be the starter.

This puts Brian in a pretty good spot, I feel. Aaron Rodgers hass to be blown away at this point, and it lets Brian just relax and learn, when his time comes, he'll be ready.

 

I agree. Brohm is in a great position where he doesn't have to worry about the starter getting hurt and him being the next option with no NFL experience.

 

I think Brett starts and Rodgers is the #2 guy unless Brett shows he doesn't have 'it' anymore. When the starting job is finally handed over to Rodgers, you have to wonder if the yo-yo he has been on will put more pressure on him. It is hard to be the man replacing the man. Outside of Steve Young following Joe Montana, I can't think of a situation where this worked out. By the time Brohm gets his shot, he will be better prepared.

This puts Brian in a pretty good spot, I feel. Aaron Rodgers hass to be blown away at this point, and it lets Brian just relax and learn, when his time comes, he'll be ready.

 

If Favre stays in GB as the starter, then Brohm is sitting real pretty, because more than likely, Aaron Rodgers is gone after this season...

 

...then again, the Brett Favre Retirement Tour has been going for 3+ years with no end in sight. So, maybe it's not such a great situation for Brohm.

 

At this point I don't think anyone knows how this situation will play out. I think the Packers should have traded Favre to Minnesota or Chicago when all this started, got some good value for him and moved on like they said they were going to.

 

My personal guess is this...I'm not convinced that this is going to be a QB competition. I still think Rodgers is their guy. Is it possible that the Packers are just saying this to increase Favre's trade value?

I wonder if Aaron Rodgers has put in a call to Jeff Gillooly yet...:lol:

I agree. Brohm is in a great position where he doesn't have to worry about the starter getting hurt and him being the next option with no NFL experience.

 

I think Brett starts and Rodgers is the #2 guy unless Brett shows he doesn't have 'it' anymore. When the starting job is finally handed over to Rodgers, you have to wonder if the yo-yo he has been on will put more pressure on him. It is hard to be the man replacing the man. Outside of Steve Young following Joe Montana, I can't think of a situation where this worked out. By the time Brohm gets his shot, he will be better prepared.

 

If they yank the job from Rodgers now after saying he was their guy all summer and the team had moved on, then he won't be around next year for the job to be handed to him, IMO.

 

This all may work out fine, but it also has the potential to completely destroy this season (and beyond) for a very talented Packers team that's built to win now and years to come.

 

All off-season and all summer McCarthy and Co. have been telling Rodgers and the team that he was the QB and the team had moved on. You know the locker room probably has a split of guys who want Favre and some who want Rodgers...if they don't trade Favre, then this could completely blow up if the team struggles at the start of the season.

 

Worst case scenario is Favre starts, the team struggles, the locker room is split, Rodgers leaves after the season, etc...I think this goes beyond Favre and Rodgers. The effect it could have on the rest of the roster, especially the younger players who are the real core of the Packers team and the real reason why they're a contender, could be disastrous.

If they yank the job from Rodgers now after saying he was their guy all summer and the team had moved on, then he won't be around next year for the job to be handed to him, IMO.

 

This all may work out fine, but it also has the potential to completely destroy this season (and beyond) for a very talented Packers team that's built to win now and years to come.

 

All off-season and all summer McCarthy and Co. have been telling Rodgers and the team that he was the QB and the team had moved on. You know the locker room probably has a split of guys who want Favre and some who want Rodgers...if they don't trade Favre, then this could completely blow up if the team struggles at the start of the season.

 

Worst case scenario is Favre starts, the team struggles, the locker room is split, Rodgers leaves after the season, etc...I think this goes beyond Favre and Rodgers. The effect it could have on the rest of the roster, especially the younger players who are the real core of the Packers team and the real reason why they're a contender, could be disastrous.

 

Brett Favre will be traded by the end of the week IMHO.

  • Author

I could see them letting Favre practice just to show off for other teams...I would agree that he is probably traded but this isn't a path I'd want to head down if I were the Packers.

Brett Favre will be traded by the end of the week IMHO.

 

That's my guess as well. I think they're just playing it this way to keep his value up. If he comes in as a dead duck, then how much will a team be willing to give up to get him?

I think the Packers are playing roulette as well. They know Brett won't stand for being #2....if he comes into camp, and sizzles, he'll likely get traded, if he's a dud, he'll walk away.

Brett Favre's carrer stats.................

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/1025/career

 

 

Aarron Rodgers carrer stats................

 

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7200/career

 

 

 

Let's see now, playing in the NFL and running a team in the NFL ultimately leads to one goal....to Win. Looking at these comparisons and if Brett Favre can still play and compete (and I think that everyone agrees he can) then who would you want leading you down the field to give you the best chance to win.....(Favre or Rodgers)?

I think that the answer is pretty clear, now imo the question is do the Packers management/Thompson want to prove a point to Favre with what seems to be a muilti year disagreement with him over several things or do they want the best shot at winning this season?................."You Play to Win the Game"

Edited by oldrambler

Cracks me up that people say their image of him is tarnished.

 

He wanted and is good enough to go back and play one more year of football.

 

If any of us had the chance to change our mind and go back and play one more year of football, we would do it too.

 

You can say it tarnishes your image but about 99% of us would do the same thing, if we had a change of heart and still wanted to play.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.