Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Packers Give in: Brett Favre will be allowed to compete for starting QB spot!

Featured Replies

But if I was Packers management I would be ticked at Favre too..He isn't the golden boy you think he is...Management asked him to come back...He said yes, then 2 days before the official announcement he told them he changed his mind and was ready to retire...Management did what they were supposed too, and moved forward..Now he just ups and wants to come back and expects everything to be ok? WRONG! I don't care who you are it doesn't work that way and the Packers organization is just enabling this kind of activity by giving in..

 

I realize that about Favre and said that he shares the blame along with the Packers management. I also believe that the Packers had lied to Favre about some things as well and didn't bring that part of it out. Bottom line is...like it or not this is Pro Football, is about winning. Unless Favre has dropped of considerably if the Packers do not play him then they are nuts. One of the best to ever play the game vs. one who although may have promise has never started an NFL game I don't believe. ("you play to win the game"). ;).

 

With the way all of this has gone who know's, it may not be over yet :D.

  • Replies 45
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But if I was Packers management I would be ticked at Favre too..He isn't the golden boy you think he is...Management asked him to come back...He said yes, then 2 days before the official announcement he told them he changed his mind and was ready to retire...Management did what they were supposed too, and moved forward..Now he just ups and wants to come back and expects everything to be ok? WRONG! I don't care who you are it doesn't work that way and the Packers organization is just enabling this kind of activity by giving in..

 

What choice did the Packers have? Brett is under contract. The commish reinstated him.

 

What should the Pack do?

  • Author

^ If they don't want him don't play him..Simple as that! They don't have to play him..

We weren't there to know why he said he wasn't coming back. It's obvious there is a big trust issue with T. Thompson. The thing is that if the Packers are that upset with him then just trade him! If you were told the day after the draft that you could now have a good draft pick you weren't expecting would you take it? Heck yes! They either want him or they don't. If they do then play ball and don't look back. You have a great young QB in Brohm that has a lesser chance of playing right now with Farve than Rodgers. If you don't want him then control where he goes by trading him and take the draft pick you weren't expecting then don't look back.

I don't think Farve is the golden boy. He's one of my favorites ever and I think he could have gone about things different but I'm not buying into the media that is trying to slam him. To me the media is as much to blame as anybody. They have tried to slant it one way or the other and have made a ton of bad guesses about what is going to happen. Sometimes I wonder how they have a job. Heck we on BGP are just as close as the big names in predicting what will happen.

I still can't believe he's going to be a Packer. I feel like they are going to move him but if they bring him back then move him then they have done the absolute worst thing they could do.

^ If they don't want him don't play him..Simple as that! They don't have to play him..

 

So you're Aaron Rodgers. You want the Pack to just give you the job and have #4 standing over there with the clipboard? Your first pick the fans are screaming for the HOFer that you didn't have to beat out?

 

It would not be fair to Rodgers. All NFL players should have to earn their position.

If I bring Brett Farve back then I trade Arron Rodgers. I wouldn't want that festering all year long!

If I bring Brett Farve back then I trade Arron Rodgers. I wouldn't want that festering all year long!

 

Brohm does give you a small safety net if you choose that route but I wouldn't expect it unless the Pack is convinced #4 can still play and he's not only coming back for one year. I don't think they're comfortable with the latter.

We weren't there to know why he said he wasn't coming back. It's obvious there is a big trust issue with T. Thompson.

 

I feel like they are going to move him but if they bring him back then move him then they have done the absolute worst thing they could do.

 

1. Yes, imo there is a huge trust issue with Thompson.

 

2. That's why in my last post I put "it may not be over" at the bottom, I have that same feeling. "IF" they trade him after they bring him back then I agree, is the worst move they could make.

 

I will say that the longer that ths thing as went on the less I trusted what the Packer management was saying.

I just can't see A. Rodgers sitting on the bench another year watching Farve with Brohm sitting behind Rodgers. No way will Farve sit the bench behind Rodgers. Packer nation would go nuts espcially if they lose early. If they win early with him I think it would get even uglier. Farve has the all time streak for games started which gives you some comfort. Rodgers gets hit a lot. If you were comfy with Brohm backing up Rodgers then I would be even more comfy with Brohm behind Farve.

R. Grant signed by the way. That was huge IMO!

Horrible situation for the Pack. They will ultimately trade him I think.

Favre Isn't going anywhere IMO. He will be the starting QB when the season begins. Makes for some good tv/discussion though.

This puts Brian in a pretty good spot, I feel. Aaron Rodgers hass to be blown away at this point, and it lets Brian just relax and learn, when his time comes, he'll be ready.

Am I the only one tired of the Favre saga? I am sick of hearing about it on every show. I'm tired of looking at the Favre streamer on ESPN's bottom line. I like Brett, but if you say you're retiring, then just do it. Good grief. It's a plain and simple PR move by management and Brett has them by the hangmedowns in this case. Can he play? Probably. Does it set your franchise back another step when he finally fades into Bolivia with Mike Tyson? Probably. I wish he'd just have been in the booth analyzing, making a blue million dollars on advertising. I wish him luck especially at his age, but in the long run I think that GB will suffer.

  • Author

I hope Green Bay does suffer..I hope Brett comes back, Rodgers wants out and next year the Packers are a horrible team with no QB ready to take over...Man this is what that organization gets for doing this!

The real pressing question is this.......Will he cry when he re-retires?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.