Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Birth Control in the Schools

Featured Replies

What's your take?

 

Do you think it sends a wrong message to teen girls?

 

Some may say if you have it readily available in schools then more girls will think it's okay to have sex.

 

Others say the kids are going to have sex anyway so why not have it available at a place they will be 5 days a week.

 

It's okay if they have a parent note/call?

  • Replies 143
  • Views 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think school is the place to offer birth control. Especially without the parents knowledge. For heaven sakes you are not even allowed to administer a tylenol without parent approval and yet it is okay to hand out birth control? In my opinion it sends the message that the teens are not going to be able to control themselves and really it's going to happen so why don't you protect yourself. Schools have no business doing this.

I don't agree with that, its like saying here go have sex. It's the same concept as giving out condoms and personally I just don't think it's a good idea, but my personal belief is saving sex for marriage and I know not everyone is like me.

I would say 70% of high schoolers have sex by the time they graduate.

I would say 70% of high schoolers have sex by the time they graduate.

 

I'd say thats pretty close.

I would say 70% of high schoolers have sex by the time they graduate.

 

and the other 30% just lied on the form.

I would say 70% of high schoolers have sex by the time they graduate.

 

I think that is the message that is being sent by a lot of parties but is not accurate.

 

Reality is that NOT everyone is having sex. But the message being sent is that EVERYONE is having sex.

  • Author
I think that is the message that is being sent by a lot of parties but is not accurate.

 

Reality is that NOT everyone is having sex. But the message being sent is that EVERYONE is having sex.

 

What do you think the % is?

Teenagers are going to have sex! We can do all we can to educate them on the risk, but in the end its nature Vs. everything else; and we all know that in many cases nature wins. So why not educate them and provide easier ways(that don't have to be distributed at schools) to obtain means to protect themselves.

 

We can scream moral decay all day(a rhyme) but in the end this has been going on for quite some time, and will continue to go on. The best we as a society can do is educate about risks and prevention.

What do you think the % is?

 

Not as high as people think it is and what is tried to be sold as.

 

I would venture it is different in different parts of the country.

I am not saying they should give them BC but they need to be doing more than what they are doing now.

Teenagers are going to have sex! We can do all we can to educate them on the risk, but in the end its nature Vs. everything else; and we all know that in many cases nature wins. So why not educate them and provide easier ways(that don't have to be distributed at schools) to obtain means to protect themselves.

 

We can scream moral decay all day(a rhyme) but in the end this has been going on for quite some time, and will continue to go on. The best we as a society can do is educate about risks and prevention.

 

Not true.

I didn't.

 

Some will take their shots at me that it wasn't my choice, and those would be funny, but what you say is untrue.

 

But rather a line from planned parenthood to support what they want to do.

Not as high as people think it is and what is tried to be sold as.

 

I would venture it is different in different parts of the country.

 

I was just in HS not that long ago and I would say it is 50% at the lowest.

and the other 30% just lied on the form.

 

I would counter that the 70% lied on the form, cause they wanted to be cool in the eyes of others.

 

It is amazing how many times a male has claimed to have sex with a female in front of his friends and the female never knew they had sex.

 

If you didn't know, we lie alot about our sexual conquests.:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.